bikes for small people - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 04:27 PM

I'm 5'0" and I have a Ninja 500, with it lowered all the way I can touch down on both sides really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM

Good deal! Must have some legs on you! I've got a 30" inseam and boy o boy...it really sucks when I'm trying to touch the ground. Had a Ninja 250 and then tried out a Ninja 600... could barely touch the ground with one toe on one foot. My dream bike (after I finish flight school and can afford it) is an R6...going to have to shave the seat and most likely still lower it a wee bit. Bother being so short!

KC
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 04:30 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I know they are a bit costly, but have any vertically challenged people tried Ducati? I don't know for sure, but all of the ones I have been on seemed a good deal skinnier than the Japanese bikes. The smaller width would allow a shorter person to reach better I would think. My wife and I have talked about a Ducati as a next bike for this exact reason. Personally I think Duc's are overrated and too expensive for what you get performance-wise (sounds a bit like Harley), but that is just my opinion. If the bike fits us both in stock form then I'd get one.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
I know many women that ride Ducati Monster's just for that reason. They can touch the ground, and the bike does not have a too agressive of a posture. They seem to like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 05:39 PM

Hey, just came across this forum and had to ad my
I've been riding since last Sept. on an old 250 standard (29.5" seat height) and now am looking at mid size sport bikes to move up. I've found it's not just the seat height, but the width/ size of the tank that gives my trouble. I'm 5'4 with a 30" inseam and thus have limited options. I'd love a SV 650 but that tank has me leaning on my stomach to reach the bars!
Maybe I'm just arm-length impaired
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM

I have the same measurements. The SV is one of my favorites, so I've looked into mods that won't limit it. So far what I've heard most is that the best bet is to get another seat, (corbin makes some with little height) or shave the stock one.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM

I started out on a Ninja250 (I'm 5 feet). If I look back, I probably should have gotten a used 600, b/c after 3 months I wanted more power and I didn't like the look of the 250. If she get's a 600, it could be lowered for her (lowering links/aka dog bones) and she would probably be happy.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BIMOTA RIDER
Oldie but goodie

An older fzr 600 should do the trick. Fix it up and save large $$$

I have already forgotten......

more than..........????........

Damn, I forgot !!!!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 11:33 PM

finally i don't feel so alone...I myself am a male asian and i am only 5'2 and i feel so short when sitting on bikes. I plan on getting the 250r soon just to ride around and get the feel for bikes then hopefully get a 600cc bike. But man i've sat on the cbr600rr and those these are tall for me. other than shaving seats on bike how else can you lower the hieght of the bikes? I hope to get a cbr600rr or f4i, or the R6. I'm trying to think pratical and get the f4i because i don't plan on racing. But only after a year on the 250r. Sorry to go off topic but i here alot about the kawazakis are they any good? People seem to dislike them. well later all....
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 10:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BIMOTA RIDER
Hey newbie from No. Cal There are many ways to lower your bike, although I have never had to do so, try to post this question in HOW DO I or CUSTOMIZATION There are good people in here and I'm sure someone will help you. Good Luck -Tom

I have already forgotten......

more than..........????........

Damn, I forgot !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode