Hey spicerke, how did you end up with that albatross anyway? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Hey spicerke, how did you end up with that albatross anyway?

Just curious about how you ended up with that Buell. My favorite radio station was giving one away last month, along with a $500 gift certificate for gear. I was tempted to try to win, just so I could get that gift certificate. I didn't even try though, I didn't want to have to deal with that piece of crap Buell if I had actually won!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 10:08 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Well I'm not spicerke, but close enough huh? Here's the story:

I moved out to California to be with her and brought along my bike, a 2000 F4. Well it got to the point that she wanted to start riding her own and not be an ornament on the back of mine, so we looked around for a little while. We were somewhat limited by her height, so I wanted to find something low enough so she could have control of it. I found the Blast and it had like a 25" seat height and didn't look too bad online. We ended up getting it for her and she really liked it. She was riding with me, and learning to ride correctly without overpowering herself. Then I got the itch to buy an XX when the new ones came out, and instead of trading the F4 in, we looked into options to get her on it. We found a place that does race suspensions and they lowered it about 1.75" to where she could get comfortably on the balls of her feet. Now I can barely get her off the darn thing!

Anyway, the Buell sits in the driveway with about 160 miles on it collecting dust. I am glad we got it though because she never would have been brave enough to start on the F4. I say brave enough because I knew she was more then capable, but she was somewhat intimidated by it. The Buell let her get on a bike and learn the controls and get used to the weight of a bike without being worried about dropping it, and now she is awesome on the F4. Unfortunately the market is stturated with barely used Blasts as people outgrow the 1 cylinder 34hp beast rather quickly.

Thats pretty much how we got this dust collecting leach on our finances. The Harley dealer won't even take it back to sell on consignment because they already have too many!!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Some days are like this.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
Well I'm not spicerke, but close enough huh? Here's the story:

I moved out to California to be with her and brought along my bike, a 2000 F4. Well it got to the point that she wanted to start riding her own and not be an ornament on the back of mine, so we looked around for a little while. We were somewhat limited by her height, so I wanted to find something low enough so she could have control of it. I found the Blast and it had like a 25" seat height and didn't look too bad online. We ended up getting it for her and she really liked it. She was riding with me, and learning to ride correctly without overpowering herself. Then I got the itch to buy an XX when the new ones came out, and instead of trading the F4 in, we looked into options to get her on it. We found a place that does race suspensions and they lowered it about 1.75" to where she could get comfortably on the balls of her feet. Now I can barely get her off the darn thing!

Anyway, the Buell sits in the driveway with about 160 miles on it collecting dust. I am glad we got it though because she never would have been brave enough to start on the F4. I say brave enough because I knew she was more then capable, but she was somewhat intimidated by it. The Buell let her get on a bike and learn the controls and get used to the weight of a bike without being worried about dropping it, and now she is awesome on the F4. Unfortunately the market is stturated with barely used Blasts as people outgrow the 1 cylinder 34hp beast rather quickly.

Thats pretty much how we got this dust collecting leach on our finances. The Harley dealer won't even take it back to sell on consignment because they already have too many!!
Yeah, what he just said.....

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 12:31 AM

How much do you want for it, my wife's getting her first bike this spring. I'm planning on an SVS but ???????

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 05:55 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
How much do you want for it, my wife's getting her first bike this spring. I'm planning on an SVS but ???????
Honestly, I pretty much just want to walk away from it right now. I'll take what we owe on it, so I'll have to check what that is and let you know, if you're serious about buying it. If you want to, e-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk about it.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 06:34 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
FWIW SV's are fairly tall bikes. Has your wife sat on one? Don't get me wrong, they're awesome as you know but if she's short and slightly intimidated by the thought of not being able to touch, steer away from an SV!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

I heard from a few people who had bought theirs brand new, that it had tons of mechanical problems within the first 1500-3000 miles. The Blast doesn't have a stellar reputation - with the magazines or the public. I did also hear that they have had lots of trouble selling theirs (even back to the same dealership) because the dealerships have too many. That was my main reason for not entering that contest - I couldn't store the bike while waiting for it to sell!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 10:30 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsZR7
I heard from a few people who had bought theirs brand new, that it had tons of mechanical problems within the first 1500-3000 miles. The Blast doesn't have a stellar reputation - with the magazines or the public. I did also hear that they have had lots of trouble selling theirs (even back to the same dealership) because the dealerships have too many. That was my main reason for not entering that contest - I couldn't store the bike while waiting for it to sell!
We haven't had any mechanical problems with ours, but it is really low miles. I see people on them all the time around here, I guess they are really good for commuting. I've not heard anything about mechanical problems on them, but I really haven't researched it at all.

I do think it is a really good one to learn on for a newbie who is short.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 01:06 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh

We haven't had any mechanical problems with ours, but it is really low miles. I see people on them all the time around here, I guess they are really good for commuting. I've not heard anything about mechanical problems on them, but I really haven't researched it at all.

I do think it is a really good one to learn on for a newbie who is short.
It has been a good bike - I definitely think it was a good one to learn on - it was the same weight as the F4 and it was good for throttle control and I really liked being able to be flat-footed while learning.

And who are you calling short, punk ass? The term is "runt".

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode