female hog riders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Question female hog riders?

i live in tempe az lots of warm weather to ride in. i've notice that their seem to be a large number of women here that ride motorcycles. but i see about 90% of them riding hogs and yes many of them are riding with their old man who is also riding a hog. but i also see groups of females riding hogs. my question is are hogs more of a womens bike because of the height (but much heavier) or is it that sport bikes are to race oriented? just wondering.

Darkman Ty -
IF TIME IS TO SHORT TO WHERE YOU CAN'T DO ANY ONE THING TWICE, TREAT THE FIRST TIME LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 01:45 PM

Re: female hog riders?

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkmanTy
i live in tempe az lots of warm weather to ride in. i've notice that their seem to be a large number of women here that ride motorcycles. but i see about 90% of them riding hogs and yes many of them are riding with their old man who is also riding a hog. but i also see groups of females riding hogs. my question is are hogs more of a womens bike because of the height (but much heavier) or is it that sport bikes are to race oriented? just wondering.
I wouldn't know. Being 5'9" there aren't many sportbikes I can't sit on comfy enough (lucky me ). Around here I see women cruiser riders and for the most part they are around my size, maybe wider around the middle . Although most women in general are shorter than me so they just get their SB's lowered. That shouldn't make too much of a difference.

I think its' just a preference. If their hubby rides then most likely they'd get the same bike. My dad rides a HD and I don't. I wouldn't mind a cruiser in the future but I'm gonna keep a SB no matter what. They are both different to ride on.

Yoshimura RS-3 Slip On Stainless
Corbin Gunfighter
Short Stalks II (rear)
Zero Gravity Tinted Windscreen
EMGO Anodized Aluminum FootPegs-Silver
LP FlushMount IV W/Full Amber Lens
Desert Storm Color Scheme
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 02:46 PM

Wink

My mom rides a fatboy all my friends are jelous.
But she said its becuase most girl just want to cruz around and not go fast so she chose a hog
plus it was a b-day present!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He who finishes second is the first looser!!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:00 PM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
I think it's more socially acceptable for a woman to ride a Harley... not sure why but I get that feeling.

They are perceived as being easier to ride, and women being generally less agressive than men they'll gravitate towards cruisers. Also, they ARE lower in the seat so it's a much friendlier bike for a new rider to hop on.

There are plenty of women in Phoenix that ride sportbikes, but we just don't ride much in town!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:55 AM

I agree with you all. I'm a member of a women's motorcycle club, and so far as I've seen, I'm the only one on a sportbike (or sport/standard) in the club. A few of the other ladies in the group have asked me "how can you sit comfortably like that on a bike?" I'm also the only one there who doesn't wear black leather, no helmet, is under age 40...you get the idea.
I think it's a combination of culture, height/weight, style, attitude, and comfort that makes a person choose what type of bike to ride.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:46 PM
elo

Talking

It's funny to me when people ask how I can be comfortable riding my sportbike. The position some cruisers force you into looks so uncomfortable! I just don't get the "couch" position.

Erica

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:57 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Just a thought, but while the HD's are definitely lower, a great deal of them are much wider and heavier making it just as hard if not harder to ride the cruiser than the sportbike. I don't know from experience as being a 6'2" male, I find it harder to come across a sportbike that is big enough to fit me.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:06 PM
elo

I agree, but I don't think that's the popular perception. I think people assume that sportbikes go from 0-200 in .25 seconds and that's about all they can do. If you look at it from that perspective, then of course a cruiser is less intimidating!

Besides, who cares if you can't corner on one?

Erica

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:12 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by elo
I agree, but I don't think that's the popular perception. I think people assume that sportbikes go from 0-200 in .25 seconds and that's about all they can do. If you look at it from that perspective, then of course a cruiser is less intimidating!

Besides, who cares if you can't corner on one?
Now I don't mind being discriminated against, I mean come on, it's the American way! But if everyone thinks I have a bike that goes

Quote:
0-200 in .25 seconds
then damnit I WANT ONE!!! At lease accuse me of something that's true!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:17 PM
elo

Strap a jet engine to a barstool and you might get that effect!

Erica

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode