Helmet hair??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Helmet hair???

Okay, so I'm vain, but what do you all do with your hair when you ride??? I personally have long, fairly curly hair, but once it goes under that helmet it goes flat and otherwise icky looking. I've basically decided that my best bet is to just pull my hair back into a low ponytail and leave it at that, but does anyone have any tricks to keeping your hair somewhat decent looking after putting on the helmet???

Also, are there any ways of keeping makeup on, instead of having all your foundation and powder all over the inside of the padding? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 07:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
well I'm no woman, but as far as the hair thing goes I don't know why you have issues, my fiancee and all her friends want bikes, not to ride just so they car cruise with the helmet on then look really cool taking it off. I guess its a woman thing.

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 07:28 AM

I have a 13 year old daughter that doesn't like to go places on the bike with me because of the helmet hair thing. Hope someone can help. Thanks for bringing this issue up

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:47 AM

Wear a hat and no makeup. Those things don't make women riders sexy...riding a bike does. And a nice, tight set of leathers.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
a 300lbs womam on a hog wearing leather pants .

let me make a correction to the previos post, we don't care about hair or make up as long as you have tight leathers and a tight butt

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 10:01 AM
Some days are like this.

I have shoulder-length thin straight hair... I put it in a low ponytail and leave it at that. When I get done riding, I turn my head upside down and kinda try to "fluff" it that way.

As for the makeup... I wear MAC (excellent product) and rarely have it rub off on the inside of my helmet.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 10:33 AM

My girlfriend wears a bandana. The girl kind, its not the big square sheet of cloth, but a smaller sheet with a string that ties in a knott....if that makes sense.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 09:54 AM

Hair Ties

I had really long hair, I pulled it into a low pony tail, then I covered it with this hair tie thingy that they sell at Cycle Gear- it wraps around the length of the pony tail and snaps on, it will stay on all day. It comes in several different lengths, and in leather, neoprene etc... I found that it keeps my hair from ratting up- thus no crying as you brush massive tangles out and break your hair. It keeps it as smooth as when you put it in it. But where you put your helmet on, well, don't know what to tell ya, the helmet has that wonderful way of mashing it to your head... I don't worry about it much- mostly I was concerned about the knots and headache of getting it straightened out after a ride.
I don't wear make up but isn't there a commercial on stay all day foundation?

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 10:17 AM

I wear a ball cap, that I store under the passenger seat.

STUDENT AT WORK
I'm a nice guy, just ask me
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
I've seen those hair tie/sash things you mentioned, and wondered if they worked at all... Guess I have my answer now! Yes, brushing my hair out last night was a treat. Not only did my ponytail holder fall out, but we got rained on BIG TIME, so my hair dried without any constraints in the wind on the way home. The curls and knots took probably half an hour to tame.

My makeup isn't any sort of giant routine, but I like to have a little something on my face when I go out. I don't actually use any foundation, as I have sensitive skin, so I stick to concealer and pressed powder, so it's the powder that I find plastered to my padding at the end of the day. I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal, or worse yet, just wear a 3/4 helmet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode