Helmet hair??? - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Some days are like this.

Re: Re: Helmet hair???

Quote:
Originally posted by Inky
No, helmet hair is a right of passage that needs to be enjoyed. Make-up is a no-no, and should be applied after arriving. My suggestion, base ball cap in your saddle bags, and enjoy having clean skin.
Unless you're a natural blonde and have light eyelashes and eyebrows. I'm a fruitcake about having at least mascara on and my eyebrows done... otherwise I feel like my features have no definiton.

My hair? I couldn't care less.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:02 PM

I deal with my angry mop of hair in different ways but when I am on the bike, I spray it wet, braid it tightly and actually condition the tip. Your hair gets really dry in AZ and obviously riding 100 miles a day (commute to work, ugh) is like riding into a hair dryer for a couple hours. And I totally agree with SpicerKe. I will wear a smidgen of eyeliner and mascara for definition. I don't use foundation or anything but some eye jazz won't hurt anyone. I usually apply at my destination or take precautions and use waterproof.

Angry red Southpark hair! Sent to me by a friend. Made me laugh. I am on the left, Southpark me on the right.

And yes. Condition the hair. Letting it whip around not only damages it and gives you AstroFrizz but it's a bitch to untangle.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...02372070txxBoT

Barbara

Last edited by AZDaisy; 06-03-2004 at 01:04 PM.
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Helmet hair???

Quote:
Originally posted by spicerke
yeah, we know.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Some days are like this.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Helmet hair???

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
yeah, we know.
Pot and the kettle, love.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by AZDaisy
Angry red Southpark hair! Sent to me by a friend. Made me laugh. I am on the left, Southpark me on the right.

And yes. Condition the hair. Letting it whip around not only damages it and gives you AstroFrizz but it's a bitch to untangle.

Barbara
Too funny!

post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helmet hair???

Quote:
Pot and the kettle, love.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 PM

I have long curly hair, so I have the same problem as most, but recently when I was at a motorcycle show I was handed a sample of a product called In The Wind. I used it a few times, and I seemed to have pretty good results. Although I still had a few knots it wasnt nearly as bad as when I didnt use it. I do plan on buying a bottle, and if anyone is interested the website is Inthewindinc.com. One thing I learned though is that my hair has to be dry or damp before I start riding because if it is soaking wet it seemed to knot up more then when it was damp or dry. I hope this helps you out.

Kelli
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZDaisy
I deal with my angry mop of hair in different ways but when I am on the bike, I spray it wet, braid it tightly and actually condition the tip. Your hair gets really dry in AZ and obviously riding 100 miles a day (commute to work, ugh) is like riding into a hair dryer for a couple hours. And I totally agree with SpicerKe. I will wear a smidgen of eyeliner and mascara for definition. I don't use foundation or anything but some eye jazz won't hurt anyone. I usually apply at my destination or take precautions and use waterproof.

Barbara
your pretty hot
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: Helmet hair???

Quote:
Unless you're a natural blonde and have light eyelashes and eyebrows. I'm a fruitcake about having at least mascara on and my eyebrows done... otherwise I feel like my features have no definiton.

Mascara is cool......but having foundation next to cheek pads and rubbing into the fabric is, in my opinion, a bad idea. Imagine everyday adding a layer of powder, and makeup to the inside of your helmet, and then over a year that packs into your cheek pads, and then you might keep a helmet for at least 5 years..........I can only imagine the amount of bacteria that would build up...........and then think about putting that next to your face and skin and nose and breathing that in everytime you are in your lid. Eck.

Mascara.......doesn't rub next to the fabric.

I've got straight, black, long hair, black eye lashes and brows........so I don't know what it's like to be a blondie!!!!!!!

You know, at some of the Harley shops they have hair tie that are pretty cool. It's a rectangular shaped piece of fabric, or leather with snaps down the long side of the rectangle. You gather your hair into a pony tail, and then snap the hair thingy around the pony tail.........helps prevent the whipping around..........just a thought.
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 06:49 AM

I am with you guys! When I first started riding, my hair was a lot shorter, and it barely showed out the back of the helmet. Now, it is hanging below my shoulders a little and it looks a lot worse after a ride. LOL! I do the low ponytail and a lot of shaking out when I arrive. I do have to style my hair "as normal" before leaving in the mornings, or else I look terrible later. But everyone I work with knows why I look the way I do... and it's all ok. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode