Helmet hair??? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
I've seen those hair tie/sash things you mentioned, and wondered if they worked at all... Guess I have my answer now! Yes, brushing my hair out last night was a treat. Not only did my ponytail holder fall out, but we got rained on BIG TIME, so my hair dried without any constraints in the wind on the way home. The curls and knots took probably half an hour to tame.

My makeup isn't any sort of giant routine, but I like to have a little something on my face when I go out. I don't actually use any foundation, as I have sensitive skin, so I stick to concealer and pressed powder, so it's the powder that I find plastered to my padding at the end of the day. I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal, or worse yet, just wear a 3/4 helmet...
why does this makeup/hair thing looks even more technical than bike mecanics :S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by Deus

why does this makeup/hair thing looks even more technical than bike mecanics :S
Why, it looks more technical because it is

We ladies must look our best at all times.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:06 PM

Ouch Ouch

Don't wear a 3/4 helmet. A broken jaw would really suck...

post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:25 PM

Talking Divert the attention

If you are good looking, and toned...Go with the see through thong bikini. Most guys won't notice if you have a head, much less hair or make-up on it.

Ok....Ok....Put down the napalm, phosphorus grenades, and flame throwers, I am just kidding

Seriously though...Don't worry about makeup, natural beauty works better than all that fake shit. A pony tail out the back of a ball cap works for me to
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 04:33 PM

I had long hair when i first started riding but after having to brush through the knots and tangles and all i wasn't having that ..... i cut my hair shoulder length and i have no problem with it now !!! but the bandana thing does work too cuz i used to do that sometimes.... but make-up wise well i haven't had a real problem with that except for those hot 100 degrees plus days but you have to expect that
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

In my younger years I had long (just shy of ass length) hair. My "Friends" used to call me Nelson (after the Nelson twins) I would use one hair band at the base of my neck and another at the end of my hair. It still managed to tangle a little, but it was much easier than trying to run a brush or comb through hair that had been allowed to wisp around freely.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 10:10 PM

I recently cut my hair very short after 16 years of no hair cuts. I would ask my wife to braid it & the put the braid down inside my jacket. When I didn't have a braid a couple of those pony tail things & again put it inside my jacket. Now with short hair I too just put a cap in the little storage compartment. Sorry but the makeup thing is out of my experience so i don't have an answer for ya.
I gotta tell ya though that girls who ride are unique enough that most guys are gonna be intrigued even with helmet hair. They see you get off a bike & shake out your hair, believe me that's sexy.
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 10:20 PM

I'm a guy with hair about an inch long and even it looks pretty crazy after a day of riding. I think there's no way out, except the magic bad-hair-day solution, wear a hat!
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 09:13 PM
Yin

I cut my hair shoulder length and have no problems with it now. other than bringing a brush with you, or styling it when you get off your bike I dont know what to sujest. As for make up, try to stay away from anything liquid, or any of the sticks or pencils, as they tend to smudge more. I found light make up works, and powder doesnt move as much, although I dont wear it often.

good luck!
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 06:28 PM

I work in an office environment, so I usually wear slacks to work, but I still ride my bike! I just carry clips with me to clip it back. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do when we have long curly hair to keep it from getting mashed in our helmet! I tried using a "doo" rag (bandana) and that seems to work better than nothing, but if I'm really in the mood to fix my hair, I will go to the bathroom with my pick and wet my hair and spray it again. If I'm just out in public riding, I go with the clip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode