my daughter is doing great! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to rdozz
my daughter is doing great!

She needs some encouragement, she droped her bike in a parking lot full of guys (no damage, to bike just pride), then one other time nearly all the way down. She is only having trouble in parking lots. I told her, we were all beginers at one point.

check out my post ...in the SOUTHEAST forum. To see pics of my daughter see photo-gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 03:55 PM

Talking Encouragement

RDOZZ,

I'm happy to hear that your daughter is doing great! Maybe she'll feel better after reading my experience...
The first day I got my bike:
Towed it home from Atlanta, drove it from the U-Haul store, parked it in front of my apartment, said to myself "Hey I'm going to get some gas. BRB!", pulled into the gas station, cut the bike off, lowered my side stand (At least I thought I did!), lean the bike over, OH SHIT...WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!! OMG!!! , bike falls on my leg, yell for help, receive help, bike and leg are okay, and my pride and confidence is shot!
That was a month ago, and needless to say I'm ALWAYS double checking that side stand! Yes, my pride was hurt for a long time. I can look back on that situation and laugh at myself. We ALL make mistakes! I had to get over it and press on. Every time I ride my bike I learn something new and I enjoy every minute I'm on it!
Good luck to your daughter and don't forget to check that side stand! LOL!

Brat

Last edited by brattygirl72; 07-01-2002 at 04:01 PM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to NinjaGirl
Hi!
My name on here is ninjagirl. I am glad to here that I am not the only one throwing my bike down in front of a bunch of guys. It only hurt my pride too, but I am a little clumsy off my bike too so I am a little used to being embarressed in public check out the post my dad put in the southeast forum. gotta go my dad is buggin the sh*t out of me (right now)!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Nope, she's surely not the only one who has dropped a bike in a parking lot...

Only 2 days after my dad forgot to put down the sidestand in the garage, I managed to drop his brand-new 2001 BMW bike in a parking lot. I let off the clutch w/o enough gas, and the bike jumped as it stalled out... Next thing I knew I was looking at the ground at a 45 degree angle. I don't know how I am still here. I thought for sure my dad would have my butt in a sling for ages, but sure enough I got back on and I now have my license and a bike of my own.

Chin up. Guys dig chicks who ride bikes... even ones who drop them once in a while, too!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Some days are like this.

NinjaGirl ~

I've suffered a bruised ego, too! I managed to drop my brand-new bike the first time I got on it. Standing there, just freaked out about it and "boom" right onto its side. Nice. And I want to ride this thing? Hahaha...

The best thing to do is get back on and ride, eventually you'll ride by those guys laughing! Don't get discouraged!

~Katie

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 03:19 PM

Everybody has embarrassing experiences!

I dropped my CBR as I came up to a stop sign, the stop was on a hill, so when I put my feet down, on one side I couldn't touch! Thats all it took for the weight to shift and me to go falling over slow motion... all my boyfriend said he saw was my feet and butt in the air. Of course I was OK, but I was madder than a hornet, and totally embarassed when these guys in a truck stopped to make sure I was OK. I felt like a dumbass!
And then there's the time when I was waiting to pull out onto a busy street, I see a hardley go by, and then a sportbike zipping up to catch him. So I figured, what the hell, I pulled out and very quickly me and this other sportbike are filling the mirrors of this hardley... then comes the red light... All 3 of us are sitting there, I am just itching to wax this guy (he's only going the speed limit ya know, but he is soo cool on his hardly with his sleeveless leather vest, sitting back and nose in the air...) so its irrisitable! So the light turns red and MY BIKE DIES! I quickly hit the start button, and it dies again! By now the bikes are waaay up there, and the minivan behind me is irritated... so I waive them by. I am soo pissed at my bike, stupid piece of SHIOT!!! UGGHHH!!! What could be wrong with it? Now I gotta push this damn thing home? And you know what?! I was the piece of shiot, in my haste and excitment, I never downshifted as I stopped at the light, so I was trying to take off in 3rd gear!
There are times I just need a "DUMBASS" sticker to put on the back of my jacket!
But who cares! Its still fun to ride! And the guys who saw you fall in the parking lot probably don't ride, so what the hell do they know?
Keep riding and have fun!

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net

Last edited by superbikebiotch; 07-02-2002 at 03:22 PM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to limegreen6R
NinjaGirl, NICE BIKE!

I didn't know they made the 250 in yellow!!! I may have to get me one of them sometime. Don't worry about the tipovers, it happens to everyone at one point.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 06:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
My wife dropped her's in the parking lot at the Crossroads of Time lodge at Deal's Gap with hundreds of riders around. She was pissed.

She kicks ass on the bike while it is moving through the curves but has trouble during the slow speed stuff. That was a couple of years ago.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to rdozz
Nikki..ninjagirl..dropped her bike at Deel's Gap on 129 comming from Suches, GA at the camp/ Hiking store. It was this past Sunday, that place is always packed on Sunday. I think that is is Deel's gap? I thought it was funny, Deel's Gap in GA and Deal's Gap in TN/NC.

What a road....
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 07:57 AM

don't feel bad, I was coming to a stop sign by a constuction site and was forced to stop because of traffic in a spot that was full of sand. I stop the bike ok , put my foot on the floor and all of a sudden i have no traction on my right leg and my foot just kept slidding till i dropped the bike and almost ended up doing the splits and i'm not flexible anymore. just put a little scratch in the fairing and the mirror got a bit scratched but otherwise everything was fine. I was mad as hell but fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode