Female Racer in AMA Supersport! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Cool Female Racer in AMA Supersport!

If anyone watched the races at Brainerd this weekend, they might have noticed that in the back was JESSICA ZALUSKY! Evidently this girl has almost made the starting grids a number of times and finally did it for these races. She finished the race second to last.
http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/ra...pe=q&year=2002

Very cool!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
elo

Wink

Unknown. (must be a Kawasaki!)

Erica

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
elo

I Know!

Erica

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
elo

Question BTW

Does anyone know how Katja is doing? I haven't been following...

Erica

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 09:37 PM

Smile

Just thought I would drop a line...
Brainerd was my first 600 Supersport race and I raced a Yamaha R6. I also raced a few other rounds of AMA, but raced in Pro Thunder on a Ducati 748. Thanks for taking notice and hope everyone has fun riding or racing

Jessica Zalusky

Jessica Zalusky
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
elo

Cool

Jessica, very cool of you to drop by. It was awesome to see your name in the starting grid, best of luck in the rest of your season!

Erica

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 03:09 PM

Wow, That's cool of Jessica to drop by. Hi, and welcome to SBW. How long have you been racing? Riding?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I got an e-mail from a friend and he has said to check out the SBW website and I think it's great!

As far as my racing, I have been racing for 4 years, one year on AMA Superbike Series, and have ridden on the street for 8 or 9 years.

I will definately have to visit this site more often, first time on a forum other than my club racing forum.

Jessica Zalusky
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 06:51 PM

Talking more questions

Hi Jessica,
I must say..you inspire me..this is my first season racing..i have raced with CCS series in the southwest..and i am curious to know how you got started in racing, what you raced, what kind of bike or bikes, how long you have raced, and with which series? Also, do you practice in the dirt? Sorry for so many questions, but i would just like to know more...also about who sponsors you and if there is anything i can do to increase my sponsors....
Thanks for the inspiration! By the way, the 600 class is crazy! You go girl!! No balls needed!!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 05:37 AM

Yeah...you don't need balls! Alot of this stuff too is on my website, which is RoadracingGirl

I race two bikes, Yamaha R6 and a Ducati 748. I race the Duc in AMA Pro Thunder and the Yamaha R6 I race in AMA 600 Supersport (check the ealier post).

I got started in racing just doing some club events up at Brainerd Intl Raceway, some guys I knew on the street were racing, so I thought I would try it out.

I have raced for 4 years, first yea racing pro in AMA and then I also have been racing in CCS and CRA.

No, I don't practice much in the dirt, a few times I have, but most of my time spent when not riding is snowboarding.

As far as sponsorship, I have been really fortunate. My sponsors include Ducati, RevUp, Teknic Gear, HJC Helmets, Motul, Michelin, Moto Primo Motorsports, STM Italy, Azionemoto, Vixen-Off Road, Tuning by Frey, Specialized Graphics, i think thats it.

If you are looking to get more sponsorships, just ride hard, race as much as you can, always be professional on and off the track, and try not to play the female card to get sponsors..most don't like it, set goals, and be yourself!

Keep racing and beat up on a few guys
Jessica

Jessica Zalusky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode