Message from SportbikeGirl.com (Tiffany's) father. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
Message from SportbikeGirl.com (Tiffany's) father.

I've been in touch with SportbikeGirl.com (Tiffany's) father over the past year and he just sent me this update. I thought the Womens forum would be a good place to post this since we dedicated this forum to her.

We sure do miss you Tiffany!

http://www.sportbikegirl.com
http://www.tiffanysmelanomafoundation.org

Quote:
Hi Robert,

Thought you would like to know that SELF magazine will be doing an article about Melanoma and how it is now attacking younger people at unprecedented rates... The article will be featuring my daughter and your friend, Tiffany as an example . The magazine has a circulation of about 1 1/2 million and should be at major news stands and book stores about the 24th. of July in the August issue...The article should also include Tiffanys love of sportbikes and her desire to help others.... Although the magazine is oriented towards women I would appreciate you mentioning this information on your website sportbikeworld as I know that others would like to read about Tiffany. Also thanks for keeping the banner up about Tiffanys Melanoma foundation, we now have received four emails from people that went into sportbikegirl .com and also tiffanysmelanomafoundation.org these four people after looking at the sites d! id! a self exam and found spots that did not look right, they then followed Tiffanys advice to "see a Dermatologist " to check them out...each of these four people were fortunate, Melanoma was found in the early stages.... the outlook for them is good..... Tiffany is saving lives...I would appreciate it if you could relay this info about the article to any other webmasters you feel appropriate....

sincerely,

Judd Weirbach sad but proud father

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the info Robert. I'm going to pick up a copy as soon as I find one.

Tiffany is definitely missed, but will never be forgotten.

Last edited by hot_rocket78; 06-18-2002 at 10:15 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Thumbs up

That is soooooooooooo great that this effort has helped others catch the cancer in time. I have had several friends my age (30s) diagnosed and treated for it in the last couple of years.

Big props Robert! You should be really happy that you helped

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 07:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to F3Bufford Send a message via Yahoo to F3Bufford
Quote:
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1
That is soooooooooooo great that this effort has helped others catch the cancer in time. I have had several friends my age (30s) diagnosed and treated for it in the last couple of years.

Big props Robert! You should be really happy that you helped
I second that. Completely amazing.

Duh.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
That is awesome.

I don't think I ever posted it here but several members were told personally, I had surgery to remove a malignant melanoma from my right arm about the time we lost Tiff. Luckily mine was caught early and was fairly easy to remove though leaving me with a nice reminder. I have a 4" scar and a nice caved in portion to my right arm. Very minor IMO. My awareness was raised by what Tiffany and what my Mom were both going through. Mom, thank the Lord, got to her skin cancer in time. It is very likely that I will get more and have to keep a constant eye out for this. It is serious stuff.

I will always remember what my Dr. told me, "Yours is 97%-100% curable but make no mistake... Melanoma can and does kill. You will have to watch for it carefully the rest of your life."

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 11:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to GIJane
Post re: article

I just happen to subsribe to the magazine Self and as I read the article was shocked to turn the page and see a picture of this angel. Tiffany was already gone by the time I joined SBW and found out about SBG but I could tell how precious she was right away. There is this song that I feel is absolutely true and I feel it applies to Tiffany as well...............Only the good die young. I dedicate that song to Tiffany and her sad but proud family. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet her..... anyway that's just my opinion.
God bless her parents for continuing her work.

Nico'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode