ButtonWillow, yeah!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

ButtonWillow, yeah!!!

Yesterday was my first track day at Button Willow....OMG, unbelivable fun. I shaved 20 seconds off my lap time by the end of the day!!! Everyone was SUPER nice, especially the flag guy, Bruce. He timed me although people weren't really timing themselves yesterday.

Some really incredible riders out there, I saw two other girls :-) and I am happy to say I was not the last off the track in my sessions ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 11:46 AM

Thumbs up

Track Days are alot of fun aren't they?!
I'm itchin' for it to be time for the next one we're having here.
COOL!

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

anyone else get a sore neck???

ok, so last night was two nights after my first track day. My neck was kinda sore on Monday but Last night OMG, 4am, I woke up because my neck was SO SORE. Must be from pushing against the wind and being tense??? Iwas trying to relax, I guess I didint do that great of a job. This happen to anyone else???

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 08:44 AM

Arrow

Yep, I have experienced soreness off and on, depends on how long you ride, and how tense you are. I have to remind myself to relax. Plus I noticed that with leathers, back protector and helmet on, it isn't as easy to move as when you are in summer weight riding gear for the street. That added extra strain to my neck, just tring to keep my head up and look to where I wanna go. (still breaking in these leathers!- Even thought about using a clip to pin it down and help break it in when I am not wearing it, you know kinda like they do to new baseball gloves.) Alot of people have told me that they experience some muscle strain at some ponit or another in their riding.

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 09:52 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Re: anyone else get a sore neck???

Quote:
Originally posted by peanutbritt
ok, so last night was two nights after my first track day. My neck was kinda sore on Monday but Last night OMG, 4am, I woke up because my neck was SO SORE. Must be from pushing against the wind and being tense??? Iwas trying to relax, I guess I didint do that great of a job. This happen to anyone else???
It also depends on how used you are to riding for long periods of time and what kind of physical shape you're in. I know my neck hurts when I ride again after I've taken a while off or it really hurts after a high mileage ride. Then again, I've got whiplash from various accidents so my neck is probably more sensitive than most.

And yeah, stress has a lot to do with it too!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 10:51 AM

I woke up with a pain in the neck this morning....and
last time I called, she was still there......LOL.

Sorry, couldnt pass that one up Erica.......

Suzuki GSXR 600cc track bike. Penske shock, Ohlins steering dampner, Lindemann forks, Sharkskinz body work, Full Yoshimura RS-3 Titainium / carbon fiber exaust system, Yosh digital tach with built in temp gauge, Yosh clip-ons, WRM rearsets to name a few. Motor was built and tuned by G-force racing engines.

Last edited by Cam McFarland; 06-19-2002 at 10:53 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 10:56 AM
elo

Now Cam, I know that you Texans do things a little different over there, but calling your pet pig a pain in the neck? Especially when you let her share your bed? And then calling her? That's WAY more info than we needed!

Erica

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:11 AM

If I dont call, she gets mad......

Love the new avatar, BTW.......

Suzuki GSXR 600cc track bike. Penske shock, Ohlins steering dampner, Lindemann forks, Sharkskinz body work, Full Yoshimura RS-3 Titainium / carbon fiber exaust system, Yosh digital tach with built in temp gauge, Yosh clip-ons, WRM rearsets to name a few. Motor was built and tuned by G-force racing engines.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:57 AM
elo

Wink

Erica

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode