100 lb girl on 250R - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

100 lb girl on 250R

Lets face it the price on a 250R is sweet. My girl wants a bike. She wants a bike that she won't hate when she gets a hang for it. How fast are the 250R's with 100 lb rider? 1/4 mile times , how about 0-60 times?

Anyways my guess is its still faster than a lot of cars right? She does not want to be the fastest thing in town, but I think she is concerned that the 250R will be a dog. So all you smaller lady riders in here that started on a 250R... did you find it to be boring as hell in a short while. I don't know if she can afford the 500 right now. So is the 250 still gonna satisfy or should she wait until she can just get on a $$$500.

I know they say in the twisties an ex500 with a good rider will hang all day long with a bigger bike, but what about that 250R? Thats the kind of riding we will do mostly. I am no pro, and don't expect to even push hard for a long time, but would that 250 hang with me when we both get experienced?

Sorry So Long

2002 YZF600R ~blue/silver/white
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ~silver/blue

~Got BOOST? Mines For Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:44 AM

I am 105lbs, 5'3" and I rode a ninja 250. I never timed it, but its not a bad bike. I also had a rebel 250- THAT was a dog. Granted my 250 had a full muzzy and had been jetted, but I believe that even if it were stock it would still be more powerful than that rebel. City, Freeway, twisties, wherever its great. You can be faster than all the cars, like if you needed to pass or just wanted to go. It flicks around so easy. I could have kept it for forever (I found a smokin joe for a great deal, so I snagged that) Anyway, I say go for it! Better than no bike at all, and better than the rebel. And if she eventually saves up the rest for a 500, she can sell the 250 and put that cash with it. Also she'll be able to reach the ground alot better on a 250(almost flat footed) than the 500(on the very tips of your toes). And I think that that is good for learning to ride. Don't sell the 250 short, its a cool bike.

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:27 AM

I'm around 110, 5'5 and just bought my FIRST bike, a suzuki sv650s. it's the lightest of the Suzukis (around 360lbs. dry) and I just love it! I put a Corbin seat on it which lowered it so my feet are flat at lights. My boyfriend rides a YZF600R like you and I can't handle it. it's too heavy and high off the ground. first (and only) time I rode it, dumped it at a light on a hill. I think your girlfriend will be wasting her money with a 250. have her try the 650, more expensive, but worth it instead of getting the 250 and then turning around and having to sell it next year when she's bored of it. there's used ones out there, mine's a 2000 Canadian model. the 250's a tiny bike. Have her research weights and seat heights, which you can lower. That's what I did and I couldn't be more pleased. my bike's sort of girly in weight and height, but it's got balls and looks like a real sport bike. so good luck to you all!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 10:07 AM

You could always get a Buell Blast!, oh, wait, you wanted something that wasn't underpowered.

I'll never get over Macho Grande
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:42 AM

If your girlfriend hasnt ever ridden before i would go with a 250..great starter bike..very forgiving if she forgets to roll off the throttle when shifting, light and easy to handle. If she wants a big bike, make sure she knows discipline...getting on the gas and doing a wheelie could happen easier than she thinks..also..just a reminder, there is 2 kinds of riders...those who have crashed, and those who are going to..thats the truth..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to you all. SHE chose the 250R and was denied by Kawi credit. Guess that big ass truck is too much for the credit demons. Well we will see how it goes in the future. Thanks again from her and I.

2002 YZF600R ~blue/silver/white
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ~silver/blue

~Got BOOST? Mines For Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode