Too Short?!? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 02:48 AM

I'm 5'4" now, but I was barely 5'1" last yr when I started to learn to ride. Sure being short makes things a little more difficult,but that's just a little more incentive.

I once had a guy tell me that girls shouldn't ride a motorcycle - we were on a date and I was driving my RAV4(I miss that cage) - I pulled over and left him on the side of the road. Don't let anyone get you down.

My brother doesn't seem to like that I ride either. He wouldn't dare to tell me though. I don't think he likes a lot of the things I do, but he keeps his mouth shut because he knows I am determined to do what I do and he learned a long time ago that I just ignore him if I want something. Like when he told me I was too short to play basketball when I was a little kid - I joined the team the next year and even made league allstars in two seasons out of 5 years of playing.

It was really nice for me having my father and boyfriend who ride and who wanted me to ride - it was a big help, but I wanted to learn and I would've done it even without them. Just know what you want for yourself and go after that. Always remember you are living for yourself not for anyone else.

Good luck and keep ignoring your brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 12:41 PM

Hey how's it going? I'm only 5'3 and I ride a f4i. I wear big shoes so I can reach with more then a toe. There are guys i ride with that barely touch so tell your bro to kiss off.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

woohoo

Well.....
I had me alil set back in the form of surgery so I am tryin to rest up but signed on for the MSF course closest to me... I could not get in til october.... anyhoo I finally bought my helmet she is a beauty Shoei with silver graphics my brother is so jealous I LOVE IT!!!!
hah just kiddin' he's my dog he just needs time to warm up to the idea. Although when he saw it his comment really pissed me off...."you only got that helmet so I would take you for a ride" I said actually I have no desire to ride your bike I got it to ride my own bike dickhead.....o.k.o.k. I didn't actually say dickhead
how come there are no fellow SBW peeps here san ho? oh well... Thank you for all the encouraging words guys I really do appreciate it.
I will keep ya updated
Nico

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:01 PM

I am short(5'6") and so is my best friend(5'2") and we both ride F4i's and we do fine. It's all about balance and practice. you can ride any bike you can get on. the MSF thing was a little hard because I had to straddle walk my bike across a parking lot(damn short legs) 26in inseam.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Re: Too Short?!?

i am only 5 foot and desperatly want a cagiva mito, i think its gonna be a stretch, my inside leg is 27.5" and cagiva is 29"seat height, how can i get it down a bit??
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 06:14 PM

dont be discouraged about your height! i'm vertically challenged as weel 5'3 to be more exact but i ride a cbrf4. you're gonna have problems mostly at first because you wont have a lot of leverage to balance the bike, but once you develop some skills, you dont event have to flat foot it. When i'm on a stoplight i realized that i'm not even putting any weight on either of my legs... you just kinda learn to balance it effortless with experience

that being said, start of with a bike no bigger that 250cc. its a lot lighter! easier to develop necessary skills to ride safe... and to have fun riding bikes! theyre pretty darn cheap too! after you put some miles on it, then upgrade! get the bike lowered, delearships will actually do it if you get the parts ordered through them! then as someone said earlier, you can shave the seat to get down some more!

what ever bike you buy...or bought already... ride safe!!

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode