Any of you gals race? CCS or whatever you got in your state? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Question Any of you gals race? CCS or whatever you got in your state?

Hey! I just wanted to see who here raced (or wants to) with CCS or whoever they got in their state... what kinda bike do you race, what made you get into it etc... Just something I am contemplating... sounds like fun! I imagine there must be a showing of women since there are so many on the street! Gives us a chance at beating some wussy boy! j/k

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi! Thanks for sharing!

Yep, I have been talking to people, reading everything I can, researching, and thinking....
My RS125 will be arriving next week, and I can't wait! I definitly know what you mean about all the equiptment you need! And sometimes finding it all isn't always the easiest either.
I plan on taking it easy. I don't expect to get out there and kick ass. I realize that it takes alot of practice, effort and hard work to be competitive. I plan to get out on the track as much as I can, and hopefully a race school this summer, but if not then in the fall. I can't wait! Its gonna be so challenging and exciting! I am shooting for October to get my lisence to race with CCS. Hopefully by then I won't be so much of a moving chicane.
I have alot to learn but I think I am on the right track. I picked this bike because it will make you learn the necessary skills just to be competitive on it.
Like you said, its just the next step in riding. I enjoy challanges learning new things, and pushing myself, I've learned to ride, why not challenge myself more?

How long have you been racing? Anything else you can share about getting started etc...

Thanks!
-Sheri

SHERI

EOS

Last edited by superbikebiotch; 05-02-2002 at 07:44 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

I am gonna use a trailer. (though a van with a portable ac unit/generator would be wonderful in the AZ heat!)
My fiancee is in charge of all the mechanics, and getting everything together and making sure everythings ready to go. I am nowhere near mechanically inclined, so the maintenance will be a huge learning experience for me. I feel lucky to have him help me out soo much.
I am in pretty decent shape, but you're right, motorcycle riding uses muscles you didn't know you had! What do you do to keep yourself toned? Just ride frequently, or do ya work out?
I have not been to any race schools, just the MSF beginners safety course. I have looked at Freddie's, Keith Code's, and Pridmore's school schedules. I'd really like to get out to school. Don't know which I'd go to first, and it'd be nice if I could go to several. Did you go to the reg class, or an all girls class?

SHERI

EOS

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

What specifically did you learn from each school, what does each focus on, where did you learn the most and why?
Yep, if I didn't have Chris I'd have to pay a mechanic!! I can learn, I just learn better from being shown than trying to read a manual. This whole experience gives me a chance to grow in soo many different areas.
What leathers do you have? I think I am gonna have to get custom if I ever want anything to fit right. I have tried on some, and looked at all kinds of websites and ads... but I want something comfortable, not too big, and not binding either.

Thanks!
-Sheri

SHERI

EOS
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati748Girl
I'm still trying to hire an umbrella boy.

6'2", 190 lb, been working out a bit lately, available most weekends.

Slightly married but until she gets a bike there's a clause in the marriage contract about women who race!!!!!!

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 10:16 PM

Quote:

face...

OHHHHHH, face. I get it.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

RE: Freddie Spencers School

Ducati748Girl- how tall are you? How did you feel on an F4? (at Freddie's school- reason I am asking is even though I ride an F3, it is lowered, I have sat on the stock F4's and I can teeter on it to touch the ground.) I take it, you did not attend an all girls class. I saw them offered but wondered what the difference was...
I talked to someone who called the lean machine a crash bike- said that you can crash that bike, and everybody who they know that's ridden it, has crashed it. Did you get a chance to check that out?
Thanks!

SHERI

EOS
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 03:21 PM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Quote:
Or, go to Keith Code's school. He's a dummy who teaches other people how to be even bigger dummies. When his students crash, he lets them back out on the track afterwards (even before they really understand what they did wrong).
It's nice to hear someone finally admit that Keith Code is not God. All the riders I personally know and respect have very few positive things to say about him, so THANKS!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 06:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Let's keep in mind that most of the instructors of those high dollar schools are opinionated. They all have weird ways of looking at certain aspects of racing.

I haven't attended their schools but have met most of them over the last decade and been around enough to hear them preach their philosophies.

I've read both of Keith's Twist books and find them quite informative on most items but I don't agree with some of his views(primarily the whole countersteer stuff). The example of letting off the gas and drifting wide is accurate in most circumstances because of the way it affects the suspension. Doesn't always push but normally will if you don't compensate. Keith has a significant amount of racing experience, tuning experience, and experience on the money side of running a team. One problem though is he has been out of the serious game for awhile and some of his ideas just don't carry over to the modern machines. Not to mention that most of his experience on and next to a bike are with 125 and 250 GP machines.

I always give Freddie the benefit of the doubt and whenever I'm in doubt I take the Freddie route. The guy won the 500 and 250 GP championships in the same year... he is versatile and knows how to adjust. Plus I like his approach to races and how he breaks them down into segments. I have seen him race up close and personal plus I've seen how professional he is with the behind the scenes stuff.

I also like Jason Pridmore's approach to racing. He is a nice guy that is passionate about racing and really wants those he is teaching to learn. I gathered this information when talking to him the first year he had the school. His dad has some unorthodox approaches to certain aspects of riding fast. Mostly with body positioning. I've found that some of his techniques work for me and my style but not friends.

I personally don't think it is necessary to spend that amount of money for a school to go racing. Most organizations are connected with other instructors' school that are much cheaper and still teach the basics with enough thoroughness to have fun racing. Ed Bargy, Frank Kinsey, Learning Curves, Team ProMotion being a few. Then when you feel like you are stalled with the learning and racing spend the money for Freddie's school. There are alot of top level AMA riders that have just attended these lower priced schools.

Of course if you already have the money and it isn't an issue then hell yeah go to schools like Freddie's or Kevin Swantz's.

The big key is that there are alot of opinions on how things are done. Not all methods work for everyone. I've seen enough of these guys when they were on their race bikes to know the styles they used and that helps me filter through what parts are probably bullshit and what really is good. Also remember that all of the big name schools are run by guys that have had quite a bit of success on the track and it wasn't a mistake. I lose respect for an instructor that says another instructor's ways are bullshit. It may not be bullshit for their style or their whole approach. Disagreements are one thing but saying the other person's ways are wrong is messed up(well except for that countersteering one ).

Well that's enough from me.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

Last edited by RCjohn; 05-10-2002 at 08:49 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:46 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Quote:

Whew! I really expected a huge onslaught of flames for my candid opinion on this subject. I've read his books and been through all the levels at his school.
No flames from me! (though to be honest I've never taken one of his schools or done more than read a tiny bit of his theories). His machines just seem wrong to me, and I tend to trust the guys that taught me how to ride and some of their experiences with him.

Question: Are you one of the girls who was featured in the "Women who Ride" article in the Coast Weekly that was out during World Superbikes last year?

Erica

-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode