Womens riding Jacket - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Womens riding Jacket

Good afternoon all,

I need to get my girlfriend a new riding jacket (she doesn't ride, but she will be a passenger on mine). She is pretty tiny at 5'2" and 100lbs, so it's difficult to find something in her size. She doesn't want leather because of the added weight, but I do want the jacket to have body armor. Can any of you ladies recommend a brand and/or a place to buy? Thanks for the help!

Just Tro It In & C What Happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 12:37 PM

First gear makes them pretty tiny. And So do alot of places- but don't keep it in stock... ask your local place about ordering her size. I found mine at Cycle Gear, but don't know if they have that there.

SHERI

I'M NOT A BITCH, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME!

EOS
http://www.exhibitionofspeed.net
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 01:03 PM

Well, not being a large women myself (5'4", 125lbs) I found it very hard to find any style of jacket either on line or in a dealership that would fit me. Even the XS were too long in the sleeves and too "bulky" in the shoulder/chest area. I currently own 2 jackets (leather and Kevlar and both of them are too long in the sleeves and too bulky in the shoulder area. I found in dealerships the prices for a perforated leather jacket was $400.00 and up. I thought that was a whole lotta dough to spend for something that didn't fit me well.

Since I have been a member of Team Pepsi Suzuki I have been turned on to the concept of "custom".. now before you say "custom, man that has to be expensive", let me tell you that we have found a manufacturer who has given us nothing but wonderful customer service and incredible leathers for less then the off the shelf. You can pick your color, design and put as much or as little armor in the jacket as you wish. Here's their website

www.syedleathers.com, if you decide to call them(800-486-6635) ask for Meredith and let her know that Team Pepsi Suzuki sent ya..

Kristen
Promotions Director
Team Pepsi Suzuki

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 02:20 PM

Re: Womens riding Jacket

Quote:
Originally posted by justtroitin
Good afternoon all,

I need to get my girlfriend a new riding jacket (she doesn't ride, but she will be a passenger on mine). She is pretty tiny at 5'2" and 100lbs, so it's difficult to find something in her size. She doesn't want leather because of the added weight, but I do want the jacket to have body armor. Can any of you ladies recommend a brand and/or a place to buy? Thanks for the help!
As previously mentioned, First Gear makes jackets for petite women. The Kilimanjaro is the one I have... I'm 5-5, 125 and I love how it fits. Close, but not tight. The extra length helps to keep the wind from going down my pants too. If she would prefer the waist length... I can't remember the style name, but they do have one. They have built in elbow, shoulder and back pads and TONS of pockets. If you want more protection for her there is room for her to wear padding underneath as well. I hope this helps you out. That is so thoughtful of you to be thinking of her. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2002, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info, ladies! This will help a lot. Ride safe.

Just Tro It In & C What Happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode