The Trials & Tribulations of Being a "Chick on a Bike" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
The Trials & Tribulations of Being a "Chick on a Bike"

(originally posted on the yahoo! club sportbikegirls)
Hey girls. I'm sure you get this too, and this is one of the better stories I've heard in a while. (us married people don't get this quite as much!)

My good friend Ann used to ride a lot, and is an excellent rider (97 GSXR 600). Anyway, she just started a new job, and mentioned to one of her co-workers that she rides. Now, I'm sure you all have experienced "that guy" that is trying every which way to get to know you better, and figures that motorcycles is the surest way to your heart. So this guy that works with Ann claims that he used to race, as well as work in a motorcycle shop. His latest offering on Tuesday was the following: "I was looking at bikes this weekend, and I almost bought an R1 750. What a cool bike! And SO fast!"
To which my friend responded: "Uh, yeah."
He has also had a difficult time trying to explain to her that an RC51 has a 750cc motor.
To which my friend responded: "Uh, yeah."

I had a classmate that insisted to me that he used to race Ninja 650s back in the early 90s.
"Uh, yeah."

These types go along with the same people who will walk up to you, and I don't think gender has anything to do with this one, (it's better if they're passing acquaintances and not friends), and say "So, when do I get to ride your bike?"
To which I respond: When I get to take your car for a weekend trip to the mountians. "Uh, ummmm, uh, uh...."
or: When you buy a bike of your own and prove to me that you can ride it without dropping it.
"Uh, ummmm, uh, uh...."

As if I'm going to let just any yea-hoo I meet ride my bike. This is just beyond me.

So, I thought I'd share this, 'cause it really amused me!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 08:12 AM

Yeah, I hear Suzuki is going to increase the displacement of their R1 to 1100 cu. inches in 2002. Rumor has it that they may even incorporate water cooling on the new model

People talking out of their asses is always amusing. Nothing is more impressive then a dumbass

Ride fast, ride safe,
Karl
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 06:20 PM

Smile

What I like is when guy tell me that my bike looks "fast" to start a conversation with me (I ride a 250). And there is always the best one "Is that yours or is it your boyfriends bike".

Jennifer

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 01:38 AM
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
I sure do miss Ann, how is she?

I can just imagine her face when this guy spews his crap.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 06:46 PM

That's like the guy that walked up behind me tonight and said "Nice bike Dude"
I said geesh thanks I hope I don't always look like a dude. Boy, was he embarrased.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
elo

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
I sure do miss Ann, how is she?

I can just imagine her face when this guy spews his crap.
She's doing great. She's getting paid heinous amounts of money at her job and she just put in an offer on a house. I'm trying to talk her into getting another bike, but the house is going to suck up her funds for a while.

Her reaction to that guy was classic Ann: her eyes got all big and she gave him that "You're an idiot" look and just said "Uh, okaaaaaaaaaaaaay."

Erica

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 09:51 AM
Lifetime Premium

I was talking to a guy this weekend who used to own two GSX-R 900s ... I said no such thing, he said, maybe it was a Ninja then. I always forget what cars and bikes I own... What do I have now again? Isn't it a YSX R11 or something.. I better check my name again... too many numbers and letters and stuff.

And I'm a guy, so what the hell was this cat trying to impress me for!? I feel for ya ladies.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
or s3sportbikes.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 09:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to minfinger
Um...hmm...From the guy side of things. I was sitting downtown a week ago and me and this guy on Suzuki 750 were talking. We were sitting relatiely close to this dance club on the same street. I've got this blue neon wire all over my bike and looks pretty cool, also draws a lot of attention form some really weird people. LOL

Anyway, I noticed this young woman walking by and starring at my bike and mumbling to herself. She then said something out loud that I did not quite understand. So I said, "Excuse me?" and she replies back, "OH! I thought that was an R1, I'm sorry". Then she proceeded to walk off. I was so perplexed by her statement that I almost fell off my bike and I went into a brain freeze. For a few seconds I tried to figure out what the main difference in the R1 and R6 that would have to do with her saying anything to me at all.

Just my 2 cents worth of nothing

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Lifetime Premium

She had good taste

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
or s3sportbikes.com
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
elo

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1
What do I have now again? Isn't it a YSX R11 or something.. I better check my name again... too many numbers and letters and stuff.
The 1 stands for 100 cc's. Yeah, really! Just like the RC51 has a 510cc motor and the RC stands for "Really Cool."

Erica

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode