Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Ttiana Send a message via Yahoo to Ttiana
Question Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Ok, Ladies ...I need your help.

Where in the hell do you find jackets that fit?? I want a lighter weight cordura for the summer. They have tons for men, but where are the women's?

Found a kick ass AlpineStars jacket (Women's Downtown) but they only come in 3 or 4 sizes and their sleeves in the large are too short (I'm 5'10") and the shoulders not broad enough. Wrote them but alas..no answer.

I have found several custom leather sites, and ladies versions of Joe Rocket, Dainese, and others...but I want something cooler, that looks good, has CE Protectors, and FITS MY CHEST! Don't want to have to resort to the Joe Rocket Phoenix, but looks like I may have to.

Why are there not more choices, companies, options?? I know the Sportbike world may primarily be made up of men, but there ought to be enough women out there to get a better selection that what we've got. God knows I love to shop but just can't find a place to give my $$ to! The Moda site is down so I have no idea what they have, but I am no waif and need clothing thats cut to fit a woman, not a little rubber girl you could iron clothes on. (No offense to the little rubber girls)

Can someone help a sister out??
Thanks!

Memento Mori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:57 PM

Lightbulb hmmm, good question sweety

I'll be stopping by my friend's shop this weekend. I'll try on the one's he's got and let you know. (I'm one of those "little things" though)

I'll keep my eyes out for you and let you know. In the meantime, try on EVERYthing you see. That's what I do.

Good luck chicky.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 09:21 AM

Re: Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Quote:
Originally posted by Ttiana

I have found several custom leather sites, and ladies versions of Joe Rocket, Dainese, and others...but I want something cooler, that looks good, has CE Protectors, and FITS MY CHEST

If you wanted to post a photo of your chest, I might be able to recommend something

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 09:34 AM

Re: Re: Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Quote:
Originally posted by milzie

If you wanted to post a photo of your chest, I might be able to recommend something
Ehem! I do hope you are being serious, and not asking for anything perverse. If that's the case, I'll have to whip you.

After checking with my buddy he recommended trying on a Teknik (spl). Without being in your shoes chicky I can't really shop for ya. I'm 5-5 125lbs 34-24-36, so I'd have to imagine what the jacket would fit like. Sorry chicky. I wish I could help you out myself.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Ttiana Send a message via Yahoo to Ttiana
Re: Re: Re: Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well,I don't have the correct lens for that now.
Quote:
[ Originally posted by hot_rocket78

After checking with my buddy he recommended trying on a Teknik (spl). Without being in your shoes chicky I can't really shop for ya. Sorry chicky. I wish I could help you out myself.
No worries.....I'll prolly settle with men's cordura and get the Dainese leathers. Waiting for the Phoenix jacket to arrive. Cutting the girls down to a 34 is not an option so screw the manufacturers, I'll figure something out! Thanks!
T

Memento Mori
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 05:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_rocket78

Ehem! I do hope you are being serious, and not asking for anything perverse. If that's the case, I'll have to whip you.

Is that a promise?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 05:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Women's Jackets- Codura/ Textile more so than Leather

Quote:

Is that a promise?
Well if you are going to find enjoyment out of it, then no. I have MANY other ways to punish bad behavior. And no matter how high your pain tolerance is, I will have you crying. YES that is a promise.

Be nice to my girls, or I won't be so nice.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:13 AM
Pete

Ttiana, LMFAO at your avatar!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 01:27 PM

Lightbulb probably old news, BUT....

I was out shopping for myself last weekend and I came across the Joe Rocket Ballistic. Talk about a comfy jacket. It's a men's but the small fits *almost* like it was made for me. Coolest part about it is it's prefitted with elbow and shoulder pads and the back armour. Well, ok that's not the coolest part.... THE PRICE... $250. In another two weeks it goes on sale the sales guy said. SWEET! For those ladies out there that aren't looking for leathers, but you want some serious protection I recommend giving the Joe Rocket a try. Worst that can happen is you won't like it. (Keep in mind I'm a *tiny* thing)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 01:41 PM

I have the joe rocket ballistic jacket, and a female friend of mine has borrowed it on occassion. JR jackets seem to have a weird fit to them. On me, the arms on the large are just right, but the body fits a little snug. But on her, the sleeves are just a tad to big, but the body fits pretty comfy on her.
She is a 5'10 figure like yourself, with a 36C bust. So give that large a try and see what you think. She really likes it, and I really find it comfortable myself. The molded body armor just snugs around your form, and the removable liner and built in venting makes it good for cold and hot riding.

Give it a try, see what you think.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode