The "Car Audio" Thread - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
Aw, you guys are putting my Rockford Pros to shame...
Shoot, I'm rockin a factory monsoon system in the V-Dub. Complete with a cassette deck (no CD player until Kanwisch decides to come help polish off a case of fine import beer and help me install it).

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Shoot, I'm rockin a factory monsoon system in the V-Dub. Complete with a cassette deck (no CD player until Kanwisch decides to come help polish off a case of fine import beer and help me install it).
Hehe.. yeah I still have the factory cd player and all. If I want to rock my mp3 player I have to plug it into one of those cassette converters.
Oh and my antenna line for my Sirius radio came loose and I tripped over it getting out of my car yesterday. Snapped it. No damn new music for me for a while. I WILL freak out if I don't get my 'octane' fix.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
New question guys. I'm very seriously thinking about getting eDead to do the sound deadener and using a pneumatic spray gun. The customer service lady at elemental designs indicates that's doable. How substantially different is edead over the mats we talked about?

eDead is just a mass loader. I'd stick to Damplifier if I were you.

My IDQ12D4s will be here tomorrow, and I am about half way through building the box/amp rack. It's tough when your whole install revolves around making sure everything is neatly tucked away as much as possible so you still have cargo space for your job. I like it better when I can just give up the entire trunk for an install. I don't remember the last time I got stuck with a box that was as small as 2.004 Cubic Feet. I hope it still sounds good. I'll know by Saturday.

Last edited by ZX6R1033; 05-22-2008 at 12:11 PM.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
Damn man... Thats a pretty clean install! The SX subs were arguably one of Kickers last decent subs. My fingers are still wrapped tightly around a pair of ZR380 amps... just before they went to the KX series (And thus began the downhill plunge).

154.5 Outlaw? USAC used to run nearly all of their comps by outlaw rules. Still a very impressive number none the less.

This year will be like starting all over for me. All the new mics are pressure-based, so the numbers everyone was holding have dropped off pretty steep. I'm told 150db legal is a very hard number to hit with 2x12s or 1x15 again. But then again, The guy who was telling me about it was doing so while pushing a sealed prefab box into the back of a customer car, so we'll see I guess.

Got any more pics of that car?
this is before i unmodded everything and bought my bike (not this one, the one before)

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Install #3 in the golf. The interior is not done yet, but the equipment is all in.

This is my work car, so saving space was the main priority.

I realize some of these pics are repeats, but I thought it would be better to have them all in the same post.

Next step is going to be to completely remove the back seat. I'm going to build a false floor from the box forward with MDF, then cut a hole right above the amp. I'll cover the hole with grill, then breathable cloth. After that, the entire section of MDF including the box will be carpeted.

Right now I am running into heating issues with the amp. After about 3 hours of play, it kicks into thermal protection. Understandably so.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Question:

Is is possible to run one wire from battery to trunk, where amps will be located, and have a power block back there to run power to each amp? This would save a buncha wire running the entire length of the car for powering each amp (there will likely be 3 amplifiers).

Thanks for your help.

Also, can someone tell me the best use of an Audio Control electronic crossover? Which model works best for a four-six speaker + one sub woofer system (multiple amps)?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
I like this thread. I used to be into this stuff so much until I started riding and cars left my thought process.

Still would love to put a small tube underneath my truck seat with some killer mids and tweeters in the doors/dash.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuster View Post
Question:

Is is possible to run one wire from battery to trunk, where amps will be located, and have a power block back there to run power to each amp? This would save a buncha wire running the entire length of the car for powering each amp (there will likely be 3 amplifiers).

Thanks for your help.

Also, can someone tell me the best use of an Audio Control electronic crossover? Which model works best for a four-six speaker + one sub woofer system (multiple amps)?
I read this over the weekend and wanted to think about it a bit. IIRC, there's a component that needs to be installed as close to the battery as possible, which might be the fuse, so consider that. If you want the fuse for each amp (a good idea, probably), that's a problem with the planned setup. I don't recall the reason for the location of the fuse, unfortunately

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 AM

There would be a fuse at the battery to handle all the amplifier current draw. The amplifiers have their own internal fuses as well. The power block is a terminal center that you take the wires off of to go to each amplifier. So in essence one large diameter wire would run from that block to the battery. Physically I know how to do this but I am not a car stereo installer so I need to know from someone with this type of experience whether it can be done. Maybe I need to post this on a web site dedicated to car audio.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Strength and Honor

PM 6 directly, he'd know and likely respond.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode