The SSC Ultimate Aero Becomes the World's Fastest Car - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Caparo T1...isn't that the one that keeps breaking?

I haven't heard anything about that. It's a british car... 2 seater , NA V8 Engine, 1000 lbs (give or take), 575 BHP. Top speed is just a hair over 200mph with a 0-60 of 2.5s.

IMO it isn't even class with the Aero, save the driveline (mid engine RWD, no tcs, ps, etc.)

It also sells for about $200,000 less than the Aero.

EDIT: Added pictures.

Last edited by ZX6R1033; 03-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
It's certainly a sweet looking car, and a ridical concept. Seems like they tested that on Top Gear and something bad happened. I know they had some emergency equipment on hand for something. I'll see if I can find the vid when I get off work, I'm sure it's on youtube.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Holy crap... I found the video you were talking about.

That is one scary car I'd never want to get into. Fires, suspension failing, etc.

UGH!

Video

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Late edition...

I came across some SCC Aero videos, as well.

Top Gear - Video 1

Top Speed Run
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM

snake: yep.

zx: you really think that a new company has the cash to pour into r&d of that vehicle without recouping any of it thru sales? I doubt that.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
snake: yep.

zx: you really think that a new company has the cash to pour into r&d of that vehicle without recouping any of it thru sales? I doubt that.

Read the article man. It's not "What I think". It is what they have stated.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
Holy crap... I found the video you were talking about.

That is one scary car I'd never want to get into. Fires, suspension failing, etc.

UGH!

Video
"You couldn't stop more quickly if you ran into a tree." Lol, I love the one-liners Jezza throws out during those test drives.

I'm with you though, ZX...I choose life.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 PM

The article that says:

Quote:
SSC is already well on its way to reaching the 50-car production run planned for the Ultimate Aero. The 2007 order bank, which opened more than halfway into 2007, has been put to bed with five cars sold and delivered internationally. And 2008 has already seen eight orders with six-figure down payments to match.
Yea, I think I read that.

I dont know why you guys are ragging on the T1 so much. Its a freaking race car. It drives like a race car, being 7 seconds faster than anything they have tested, and its about as reliable as a first generation race car.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The article that says:

Yea, I think I read that.

Nah. it was the first part of the article I posted.

Quote:
Achieving the record wasn't just a matter of bragging rights, though. For company founder Jerod Shelby it was a business decision. From early on Shelby, who started the West Richland (Wash.) company in 2000, decided that he had to break the production car top-speed record in order to establish credibility for his infant company. "No one is going to buy a $600,000 car they never heard of," he says.

Quite straight forward. Regardless of what that car is, if it is dangerous to drive, then it is dangerous to drive. I don't care if it is a race car or not, I don't want to drive anything that will catch on fire... nor would I spend $500,000 on something that is going to constantly break down. That's just me though.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I dont know why you guys are ragging on the T1 so much. Its a freaking race car. It drives like a race car, being 7 seconds faster than anything they have tested, and its about as reliable as a first generation race car.
That's cool...but my understanding is they're trying to sell it as a street car.

Sorry, but I don't want my $500,000 car to burst into flames.

Edit: guess I didn't read down far enough...looks like ZX made my point already

-Will Rogers

Last edited by snakesht; 03-01-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in