Ford = "Junk" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Ford = "Junk"

Quote:
Ford rating downgraded to junk

Ratings agency Standard and Poors cut its credit rating for struggling US automaker Ford Motor Company deeper into junk status today.

"The downgrade reflects our increased scepticism about Ford's ability to turn around the performance of its North American automotive operations -- a process that will require, at best, a number of years," the agency said.

The rating downgrade came a day after Ford announced a 9 per cent drop in December sales and a 5 per cent drop in sales in 2005.

Standard and Poors cut the credit rating for both Ford and its lending arm, Ford Credit Co to BB-/B-2 from BB+/B-1 and said the rating outlook was negative.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 02:34 PM

Damn Cookee, I like you better everyday.

-M-

1968 Chevy C10 stepside, bagged. Coming soon: 22's
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mstrand_68
...1968 Chevy C10 stepside, bagged. Coming soon: 22's

A friend of mine is getting a new 2500 with the 500cui big block. To top it off, he's got a supercharger at home, waiting.

I saw a new 2500 the other day with 22's on it. OMFG!!!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM

I have a F-150 2002 Harley Davidson with supercharger and pushing 400 horse to the rear wheel. There is only one truck out there that can beat me and thats a SRT-10 Dodge truck. Thats because it have the Viper motor.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 08:37 PM

Ford cars are OK, but the Trucks are the best. The F-series is the best selling vehicle on the planet. Ford goes out of their way to over-engineer their trucks.

Chevy recently laid off 3,000 employees.

On the average, $1,400.00 of the price of every GM vehicle goes to pay for union retiree medical binefits.

Ford probably has the same problem. I don't know what the situation is with Chrysler since Daimler-Benz bought them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:10 AM

So what does fords credit rating has to do with the quality of their vehicles? Not a damn thing (Not saying fords are great). GM credit rating has been junked for quiet some time now...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ Kyung
I have a F-150 2002 Harley Davidson with supercharger and pushing 400 horse to the rear wheel. There is only one truck out there that can beat me and thats a SRT-10 Dodge truck. Thats because it have the Viper motor.
Typical ford. You need a supercharger to get 400hp. My truck has 417rwhp. Carbed 350cu, my weekend cruiser would mop the floor with your truck. I didn't even build it to go fast. We all know about HD's too. Ford would put HD emblems on their shit...

-M-
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 AM

They don't build'em like they used to. A coworker has a 2002 ranger and he admits it's junk compared to his old toyota. I love my '78
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sort 044.jpg (905.3 KB, 105 views)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:14 PM

My father was driving a '72 Ford Wagon when a lunatic driving the other direction decided to ram into the driver's door, since Ford had put twin I-beams in the doors my father lived with no problems.
Result; replace driver's door, replace all four tires, new alignment, car ended up with around 174xxx miles on it when my father traded it in on a newer vehicle.

I have owned 6 Fords, I never had problems that could not be fixed within an hour.

So some company wants to say Fords are junk, go ahead, being someone who drives Fords I have yet to have a major problem with the Ford company cars.

Now if you want to talk about their customer service, now there is a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 ford f150 4x4.jpg (60.1 KB, 98 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode