Anyone else into cars too? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:27 PM

Im getting ready to put 4.10s on my Z06. I have heard nothing but good things about em but of course I will need to get rid of the drag radials in favor of some mickey thompson ET streets. Nice work with the camaro that is a fast run on street tires. I cant wait till that tax refund comes in and I can get some low low 11s with the package im waiting on and 10s for sure with some seat time. I wanna try the bike at the drag strip too but i gotta buy some more gear for that to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 04:58 PM

Yeah the bike at the track is fun. I went a best of [email protected] My bike has a full Muzzy system,+3 rear sprocket, K&N filter, Muzzy lowering links and dynojet jet kit. I would love to hit a high 10 second pass with it.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 05:13 PM

Was that with the 6R or the 9R....i think i read online that the 6R does 10.9 stock. As we all know conditions can effect the times greatly plus im sure its not easy to go that fast. I cant believe the force you feel with these things.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 05:09 PM

Old Post...Oh well...

Heres mine.

Its pretty slow, but it is a stock A4. Ran 14.0 @ 97, 2.0 60' last summer. Should hit high 13's with better tires and the cut out. Well see...

Looking at trading it in on something more payment friendly to get my R6.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 08:41 PM

heavily into cars here... mostly toyotas... hope to get a supraTT next but my list so far is:

Modified:
-92 Toyota Mr2 Turbo ([email protected] with minor mods)
-Supra powered 77 Celica GT liftback(low 13's and top 3 in auto X every visit so far)

Stock:
-91 low mileage Toyota Mr2 Turbo (100% stock)
-1977 Celica GT coupe (100% stock and in immaculate condition)

selling the liftback though so i can get into a house... also the CB-1 most likely.

next up is a MKIV SupraTT then an AE86.

Also lookin to pick up a 70's 240/280Z for my skyline motor swap
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 08:31 PM

My Nissan sentra does mid to high 13's at 102mph. It wont for long, im selling my NX express nitrous kit for bike parts.

My question is.... should i make my bike a high 8 second drag racer or setup up for track use

I kinda like the track idea better then drag strip-- but it would be really fun to say "Yeah i've done an eight second pass..."

I seen a Hayabusa with Extended swing arm, air shifter, exhaust and a power commander do a 8.916.

I figure if i do big bore kit, cams, pistons, exhaust, carbs, jetting i should have enough power. to do that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode