Pontiac Aztek...a "sleeper" buy? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
ford sucks
don't make me drag your firebird around with my ford...

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:16 PM

Thumbs down

ick!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:49 PM

Re: Pontiac Aztek...a "sleeper" buy?

Quote:
Originally posted by TT_Robert
Hi folks;

Yes, it's hideously ugly; and that makes me wonder if it's destined to be an underpriced "sleeper" on the used car scene in coming years..? I'm old (and poor) enough to not give much of a damn about a (four-wheeled) vehicle's looks anymore, as long as it's a good buy, and practical.

Any thoughts?

Robert
Toyota is my favorite car manufacturer although I like GM & chevy in particular. I would give this car a little more time to reveal it's true character. In terms of drive train if it's running the V6 (4.3) then I would feel better about it. The 3.1 V6 is a nice motor as well but not as tried & true as the 4.3 (IMHO)
The 4.3 is the same design as a 350 without the other 2 pistons. Just as if GM had cut them off & made the 350 into a V6. Outside of drive train the thing I worry about in GM products are the computer related stuff & things like P/W, P/L etc. These things cost a bunch & don't seem to last like Toyota etc.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 07:15 AM

american engines are just poorly designed, they get horrible gas mileage and their HP/liter is way lower than just about any import. I had a blazer with a 4.3L V6 that got a whopping 150hp, oh wait I forgot that's not much at all especially if you have to drag around an SUV with that power. My current car is an 88 Jetta GLI and I get 170 HP out of a 2L 4 cylinder engine. I also get between 35 and 40 MPG vs. 13 MPG with my Blazer. I have had numerous American cars and a couple other imports. Needless to say all of my American cars were my first after I got my first import I never went back. How many American cars do you see running over the 300,000 mile mark on their origional engine?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 05:30 PM

I would say most of the imports are bullet proof that are actually expensive. Honda, Toyota.. Lexus, BMW and such.. Then u get into the junkers like suzuki and stuff. I would say if your lookin for somethin to give ya some miles buy a caddy.. I just finished mine off at 250,000.. They run like a top and cheap to buy used. If ur lookin for somethin to junk after a year i would suggest a ford. The new gm's and pontiac's just arent the same anymore.. Too much plastic. But if ya look at the aztec and some of them think about 5 years down the road when the flip out back seat seals start to leak. Then you will have flood. Just plain down crazy.

Ford= Fix Or Repair Daily
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 08:40 PM

Any car will last if it was taken care of. With that said, I have a strong distaste for domestic cars, especially GM. I kinda like fords because they seem to be more "europeanish" if that makes sense. Since Daimler merged with chrylser that has really made me look twice at them.. My sister had a cavalier that blew 4 head gaskets but the rest of the car held up great. still alive at 190,000 miles

THe crossfire is hot
the 300c Hemi with 5 speed auto (from mercedes has GOT to be nice)

Anyrate, i drive a nissan--its my brand loyalty The build quality of my sentra is less then that of a honda or toyota for sure --but it has a certain character to it i love. My last two cars both 300zx's lasted over 200,000 miles with no problems --amazing in my opinion

If i could have any car though, my money goes to practical sports cars. Subaru WRX or Mitsubushi Evo. Sedans, decent gas mileage, and AWD (perfect michigan sports car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode