Ford Sucks!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 09:28 AM

My personal policy has been to find a good independant mechanic and stick with him. Locally I managed to locate a guy whom I know will never overcharge me on anything and will always ask what it is I want to do. And even at his considerable age, he keeps up on all the new tech, and has no problem fixing just about anything.
There is one of those in everytown. The trick is finding them.
I would never take my truck, or my bike, or any other vehicle to the dealer. Everytime they treat me like they are doing me a favor.

The worst I ever came across was a local firestone. They do engine repairs as well as tires.

A coworker takes her car in for an oil change. Comes back crying becouse they tell her that she needs a new idler pully arm, with a pulley, and who knows what else. Being a single mother of two, the expance is considerable to her. So I take a look, and find that the mechanic simply loosened the bolts holding the arm in place and removed one of them so it can swivel. I know it didnt happen on its own, couse the car wont even drive now. Lying bastards.

Same guys had ordered a new fan clutch for my friends marcedes. The make being what it is you can imagine the price. almost 1k later his car still overheats. So I pull the burned fuse and replace it. I guess they wanted to see how far they can string this guy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:30 PM

I dropped my car off to get some new tyres last year. I get a phone call a bit later saying that they couldn't do a proper wheel alignment as there was no adjustment left. Apparently I needed an aftermarket kit installed.

I told the guy that it already had the kit in it and he said that I had the old kit and that a new one had since been introduced. It was going to cost me about $300, on top of the new tyres!!

I told him to hang-on while I called a mate who owns a suspension shop. My mate tells me that this guy is full of sh*t and that no "new" kit existed. I called the tyre mob back and told them to just do the tyres and that I'd come get the car and have the alignment done and my mate's shop.

Lo and behold, when I pick my car up, they've managed to get the wheel-alignment perfect, using my "old" kit. Whatsmore, they did the alignment free-of-charge, just because they're such nice guys.

F*ckin' a*seholes, I'll never go back there again. I only used them because they were close to my work. Now I'm happy to travel a bit further to get decent service.

BTW, my car is a Ford. It's 12 years old, has about 400,000km's on the clock and still runs like a dream....

Ford all the way in my garage!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

Last edited by cookeetree; 02-27-2005 at 11:34 PM.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Strength and Honor

Exclamation Soapbox warning!

I used to install high purity water systems and living in Indiana gave me the manufacturing view of most major car companies. Ford was one.

Because of the Union impact to the Ford plants, I spent countless, paid hours standing around waiting for union laborers to show up. It wasn't that they were busy, as could be seen by the large number of their brethren standing around the maintenance shops and machinery, it was that they had so many breaks and hiding spots that getting timely service was all but impossible. Smoking at machinery that used large quantities of cutting oil explained to me the logic that these folks carried.

I question how quality product could result from such careless, lackadaisical environments in the first place.

Contrast that with Subaru-Isuzu and Toyota, where there really was a team mentality in place and service was not only fast, but among the most experienced I'd encountered in all industries.

Once upon a time I was an IBEW member (summer internship) and I learned that these groups no longer stand for what they were created, but rather to protect those who didn't deserve protection.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:34 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: Soapbox warning!

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
I used to install high purity water systems and living in Indiana gave me the manufacturing view of most major car companies. Ford was one.

Because of the Union impact to the Ford plants, I spent countless, paid hours standing around waiting for union laborers to show up. It wasn't that they were busy, as could be seen by the large number of their brethren standing around the maintenance shops and machinery, it was that they had so many breaks and hiding spots that getting timely service was all but impossible. Smoking at machinery that used large quantities of cutting oil explained to me the logic that these folks carried.

I question how quality product could result from such careless, lackadaisical environments in the first place.

Contrast that with Subaru-Isuzu and Toyota, where there really was a team mentality in place and service was not only fast, but among the most experienced I'd encountered in all industries.

Once upon a time I was an IBEW member (summer internship) and I learned that these groups no longer stand for what they were created, but rather to protect those who didn't deserve protection.
I'll toss in my and agree with kan....unions served their purpose, now it's time they followed the rest of the dinosaurs.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 AM

Man, I freaking despise unions. Bunch of corrupt crime ridden gripe support groups that dont do anyone any good (employees, employers, or consumers)

Sure glad I live down south. Had to install some equipment at union plants, and I just wanted to slap people.

On a side note my sucky ford spent all day yeturday towing a chevy. (my friend better appritiate it, it was the first good day for riding in some time)

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:15 PM

I'm sure there are equally as many horror stories as there are car dealership... Someone mentioned find a good independent guy, that really is the way to go...

Now for a slightly different perspective on Ford...

I've owned the following Fords:

'95 Mustang Coupe V6, currently own, just crossed 145K miles
'94 SVT Cobra, traded in with 100K miles
'01 F150 Lariat, currently own, just crossed 90K miles

Knock on wood but all vehicles not only run great, but have needed nothing other than wear and tear item maintenance, or aftermarket performance parts I chose to install myself.

The V6 had a head gasket issue, and Ford extended the warranty to 100K miles. Got it replaced, completely free of charge at one of the local Ford STEALerships. HOWEVER, they did happen to throw in: "Looks as if you're also going to need a new timing chain cover, the one you have is leaking, and the alternator needs to be replaced...". So I said, "Yes, thank you for letting me know..." as I grabbed my keys and walked out... Well, 46K miles later, no leak, nor did I need an alternator... Surprise, surprise...

Truthfully, these vehicles have ran, and held up better, than several Volkswagens I've owned, and a couple of Nissan's. Particulary with respect to body rot.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Good God dont EVER buy a mercedes, we bought a brand new 80K mercedes s430 sedan, and the inside was filthy, every time we take it in for service, we find cigarette boxes in the compartments, the tires wear out after mabye 7k miles, and because of the cars design, you cant get tires from anyone but mercedes, and a set of tires is, oh about $5'000

chevy on the other hand, i beleive makes good products, our chevy silverado has well over 150k miles on it, not one problem, never broke down, always starts, never stalls, tow's easily with veyr little impact on fuel economy

Mercedes on the other hand, repeatedly has ignitions fail, we keep ending up running on 6 or 4 cylinders, not 8

rant over, back to your regularly scheduled programming

BTW- definately send a word of thanks to valvoline, that guy was very helpful
and don't blame valvoline, it was one guys mistake

speaking of oil pans though, the oil filter on the RX-8 is up INSIDE the engine compartment, and it requires either a childs hand to change it, or the engine needs to be removed (thankfully mazda Eats this fee)
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:38 PM

Ford Mustang

I have a '98 Ford Mustang with less than 45k miles on it. I bought it from a little old lady when i got out of the military a few months ago. She never drove the damn thing and it's in like new condition. I gave her $5g's for it after some haggling.. (she wanted $7g's). Anyways, I've had for nearly 7 months with not one problem... all of a sudden my ac stops working (during the hottest part of the summer so far unsurprisingly). I take it to a good friend who runs a car repair shop and he says he thinks it's the relay that turns on the AC compressor but he can't be sure and that I should have Ford do a diagnostic then bring it back to him and tell him what Ford said the problem was. I made an appt. to go get it looked at and it's going to $80 for them just to look at the damn thing. I wish I knew more about cars because I have a feeling this going to get real expensive real fast especially if i need a new AC compressor.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:56 PM

ok ok ok its not FORD or CHRYSLER or any company that "sucks", its the dealerships. there are some good dealerships out there. i work for a tier 1 supplier to both companies (and gm, and nissan, and toyota) and its not the companies fault... i also own a mustang gt (2004) that i couldnt be happier with (granted ive only had it for a year). but yeah your situation sucks and i woulda told that dealership to stick it right up their ass.

again, im refering to the first post just cause i thought it was kinda funny
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM

The Dodge stealer charged me $80.00 to tell me someone had stolen my gas cap.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode