Just sold the Mustang!!! - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

OK so now that the money is available....
When and where to buy?

Ive been looking thru cycletrader.com and the mag, ebay, SBW Classifieds and the local paper. Any other good places I could check.

Also, How much does the price of used bikes drop in the fall? If its alot (ie. >1K) then ill wait. If its more like <500 then i can sacrifice that, because I really really want to start riding, its been getting to me lately

Any help is always appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 06:53 PM

Thumbs up

Kyle...I hope you do not have to wait till the bad weather season sets in,but,naturally motorcycle sales do fall off in the fall plus the dealers start looking at the next year's new line up to arrive on the show room floors. The end result is it may be a great time for the shrewd buyer to do his best haggle-ing. Not to mention the upcoming tax time and the urge to reduce inventory...

Good luck buddy!!

JIM
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Angry

Well maybe i WILL have to wait untill fall... you see the buyer for the mustang was supposed to come pay for and pick it up last night. Key word, "supposed". Guy never showed, never called, never emailed. Pissed me the F^&% off since I pulled all my ads that I had out.

I just dont get it, he drove 2 1/2 hours to come see it and I even bargained with him. Bastard. So its goin up on eBay today, hopefully Ill have better luck there.

But I have found a few nice '98 CBRs around the east coast... time will tell.

Kyle

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 01:50 PM

Kyle -

I feel your pain about someone backing out of a car sale. Same thing has happened to me twice this year. I'm trying to sell my 2000 Z28 and a guy drove a couple of hours to see it, we met at a branch of his bank so they could check it out and everything. He says he really likes the car and agrees to buy it. On the way back home from this meeting I stop at the bike shop to check out the new R1's & 954's trying to figure which one it will be. Next day the dude calls and tells me he's not going to buy it. Another dude loved it, agreed to buy then calls me back a couple days later saying he can't get a loan. At least I had already have a bike so it's not quite as bad as your deal. It's just a shame the wife is making me get rid of the Z28 before I can get another bike.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM

i dont know if i should congratulate you or sympathizing you if you have parted ways with your mustang .I would have been sad , but could be good for you .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sikander; 04-20-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in