Sportbike World banner

Polishing Help????

7K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  DaveL 
#1 ·
I am currently at this moment tryin to polish the rear passenger pegs. The pegs are not the prob. Its the brcket that holds them. Is there a special way of removing the clear coat/powder coat? Soaking them...paint thinner>??
Need some help.
Zaki
Zx9R '99.

#10 ·
hey, instead of sending email to countless people who may wanna see the doc (uh, like me) why don't ya just post it here somewhere??

#11 ·
If you could...

CBR Brutha said:
I have a word file with very explicit instructions on how to polish your entire bike. If you post your e-mail address, I'll send it to you. If you don't feel comfortable posting your address, you can e-mail me at: flintcbr@yahoo.com

Get me your e-mail address one of those 2 ways, and I'll get you the file by tomorrow afternoon.

Later :)
I you could post that to the sub-forum: "Detailing Articles", that would be great. :) I'd like to read it as well.

Thanks, Nin.

#14 ·
Well thanks Brutha....got the brackets done!
But have realized that i am not patient enough to do the rest of the bike!
Does anyone have an idea or ballpark figure on polishing the frame and swing arm??? What would the turn arund time be a few weeeks(whats the norm)????

#16 ·
ZakiBlue said:
Well thanks Brutha....got the brackets done!
But have realized that i am not patient enough to do the rest of the bike!
Does anyone have an idea or ballpark figure on polishing the frame and swing arm??? What would the turn arund time be a few weeeks(whats the norm)????
anyone help me on this one??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#18 ·
ZakiBlue said:
Go here and ask these guys. They are about 10-15min. from my house, and I've heard that they do good work. I know you're not close to me, but if you shoot these guys an e-mail they can probably provide you with at least a ballpark for the work you want done, and then you can start looking in your area. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.