Comfortable tourer / cruiser - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 09:24 AM

There are several types of motorcycles that you can get the corbin seat with the removable backrest, its definatley worth looking into. (Unless the Corbin seats goes under due to some legal stuff thats going on.)

Racing Rice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 05:07 PM

I've test driven several full dress bikes and half dress bikes at Daytona over the last two years.. I live only an hour away so go to Bike week in March and Biketoberfest every year..

the most comfortable for a passenger is a tie between the Gold Wing, the BMW full dresser and the Yamaha Royal Star Venture.

Handling out on the road goes to the Honda,, but around town stop and go the Venture is much eaiser to live with.. the Honda seems to have a tall seat,, and a tall first gear.. I'm 5'9" and have to slide forward to reach the ground at a stop light and you have to rev the engine and be carfull with the cluth taking off.

the Yamaha will almost idle away from a light and it's lower seat makes it a much better stop and go bike.. Out on the road,, the Gold Wing seems almost like a big (Very big) sport bike,, it handles great for a bike that big once it is moving.

Bikes a little less over the top there is a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe.. It has the same saddle bags, but no trunk, a large plexi windshield instead of full fairing.. still has stereo but no intercom. and the seat is not quite as comfortable but still nice with the added benefit of the padded sissy bar and passenger seat are removeable (as is the windscreen) for those solo rides.

the other nice bike for touring but not over the top is the Kawasaki Nomad...

the sport touring bikes will be more suited to your riding style, but still not that great for a passenger.

2003 ZR-7S
1999 Husqvarna CR 125
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BamBam
Thanks for the suggestions guys...

VFR with the backrest - hadn't considered that - hmm, Bonk, have you got any photos with that configuration? Does your wife have any grumbles?
I don't but I can snap a few and e-mail them to you. I'll try to remember next time we're two up. I also have Corbin bags so we can pack for an overnight.

She says the VFR is pretty comfortable, but she does get buffeted by wind at higher speeds. I assume the ST1300 and FJR have bigger windscreens to address this.

It turned out the kangaroo was right.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to MikeinPitt39
Yamaha FJR1300

Just thought I'd post a quick note concerning the FJR1300. I have an '05, and I love it. I just rode from my homestate of Georgia up to Pittsburgh and it wasn't that bad. I have three inch risers to improve my posture and I think it helps. My back was good to go.
A picture of the FJR is on my Yahoo profile page..
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Mikeinpitt39

Where are the good day/weekend rides in PA? I just got here and thought about riding up to the big lake this weekend.
Any thoughts or ideas on good rides? Twisty rides are encouraged!
Thanks,
Mike
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:33 AM

Abit on to the sportier side, a busa makes a pretty good tourer so long as you are talking about short rides.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode