Is the 'Busa better? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

My friend is really skeptical about the best bike out there (Hayabusa). Are there any owners or people that have ridden that can give us insight as to pros and cons/comparisons with smaller sporty bikes. Thanks!
Ride Safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 04:53 AM

Why would you think the 'busa is the best sportbike out there? I don't agree personally... There's so many bikes I would rather have. An R1 will keep up to it until maybe 150mph and spank the living hell out of it in the turns... The ZX-12 is exactly what the busa is except 100cc's at a disadvantage... And the 12R will spank the bus in the corners and run or pass it in the straights....

I personally think there are so many better motorcycles out there for the money, that are good looking to boot. The Hayabusa is no doubt a performance dynamo but that's about it IMO.

Ian
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 05:19 AM

I have to agree with 2000VFR here for the most part. I mean, I think the level of a bike's superiority can't truly be measured because everyone has a different riding style and type of riding they prefer.

You like to be squidly and make yourself by spanking people in a straight line?: Hayabusa or ZX12r.

You like to have speed, insane acceleration, and amazing handling?: R1 or 929rr.

You like good acceleration and amazing handling without threat of wheelstands every time you get on the throttle?: Any Japanese 600 (Triumph tt600's suck ass). Then there always the SV650's and such out there, which are great bikes in their own rite.

Summary: What you do on a bike decides its superiority.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha

Summary: What you do on a bike decides its superiority.
Quite profound.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Okay, I worded that incorrectly. I don't think the Busa is supreme, It's my friend. (I'd have one if I thought it was the best : ) HAHA) Thanks for the info, I'll make sure he sees it.
Ride Safe
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 09:30 AM

Top of the Food Chain

Yes the busa is the best. I just traded my 2k gsxr750 for a 2k1 busa and have not even had my first servicing done yet and I believe that it is waaaaay superior to the gixxer. I not only say this because of the speed/acceleration. I can take the twisties with far more confidence also. I think that the added weight and lower center of gravity works to it's advantage. I am not a professional rider by any means, but I believe that i could kill another rider with same skill level that is riding ANY other bike. Your are either on one or behind one.......PERIOD!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 11:55 AM

Cool

Is the Busa the best bike?? Interesting question. If your goal is straight line speed...sure its the best..nothing can top it (unless you unlock the power of the zx-12). Sorry busa owners but when you get into the corners..nothing beats a short wheel-base light bike.

And anyone knows that any moron can go 150 in a straight line, but it takes true skill to zip through twisties. You can take some good skill level riders and put one on a 600 or 750 and he/she will beat a busa in the corners...get someone on an R-1, the busa hasnt a chance. But give the busa a straight away and your eatin dust.

So it depends what your looking for: You want a good ride, fun twisties, and lots of enjoyable miles...get a lighter, better handling sportbike. Want to pose all day, red light race, go 180 in straight lines, pull wheelies at 120+, and not keep up with your friends on smaller bikes in the twisties, then a busa is for you.

There are several videos out there that show the difference...the video MACH2 has an r-1 vs a busa...check it out..its shows the powers of both bikes. Both are excellent bikes, it just depends on what your looking for.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:03 AM

Busa is amazing in the aerodynamics department but the ZX 12R only needs a fairing change to pass it. My zx9R is a little heavier in weight (400 lbs) but I still wish I had a 600 when in the really tight stuff. I couldn't imagine trying to throw a busa back and forth. I am really happy with my bike and am tuning my skills to the best I can. I will probably never race but I will be at the track checking my limitations and I suggest that you take your busa to the track to check your lap times. You would be shocked at the little guys abilities. I have taken my ZX9R to a hair over 190 MPH how fast is a busa?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:12 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by CanuckZX9R
I have taken my ZX9R to a hair over 190 MPH how fast is a busa?
Probably in the neighborhood of about 15mph faster, considering the fact that your 190mph is "indicated," not actual. Not that it matters, though.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 01:15 PM

Re: Top of the Food Chain

Quote:
Originally posted by illwill1300
I am not a professional rider by any means, but I believe that i could kill another rider with same skill level that is riding ANY other bike. Your are either on one or behind one.......PERIOD!
I'm not trying to argue but surely you are not talking about tight twisty roads? I'm no professional rider but most guys on 'Busas are not going to be in front of most current sportbikes. Get the 'Busa into something with some sweepers and a few straights and you have a difficult bike to beat.

As for it being the best, not for what I want a sportbike for. The 'Busa is a great bike in its own right but it is only the greatest bike to the guy that owns it and feels it is best(such as illwill1300) and there is nothing wrong with that. It is an opinion.....PERIOD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode