Honda VTX 1800 II - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Since the VTX is a new bike, I'm sure there's still a lot of useful discussions that can take place here. If we could only keep the Harley lovers/Japanese cruiser bashers out of here, this might be a decent topic.

P.S. Squidwannabe - If your Harley actuall makes those kind of numbers, then it's obviously modified. Anybody can modify their bike and get bigger numbers. My question is, if you wanted a bike with that much power, why didn't you just buy a Japanese bike that comes from the factory with that kind of power? They certainly make them. Why spend a ton of money on a Harley, then turn around and spend another ton of money just to get a fair amount of power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 11:02 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Grampi
Since the VTX is a new bike, I'm sure there's still a lot of useful discussions that can take place here. If we could only keep the Harley lovers/Japanese cruiser bashers out of here, this might be a decent topic.

P.S. Squidwannabe - If your Harley actuall makes those kind of numbers, then it's obviously modified. Anybody can modify their bike and get bigger numbers. My question is, if you wanted a bike with that much power, why didn't you just buy a Japanese bike that comes from the factory with that kind of power? They certainly make them. Why spend a ton of money on a Harley, then turn around and spend another ton of money just to get a fair amount of power?
Well its simple Mr. Know it all ... A harley was built for speed and Power .. If I modify a Honda not only would it just look and sound stupid, but it probably wouldn't hold up.. Plus I'd rather have a Harley sportster , They are one of the best handling bikes in the world ...

BTW .... Have you checked your Email as of late ?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 11:03 AM
Squidwannabe

P.S If you want to keep the Japanese bike bashers out of here, then maybe you should stop asking them questions ?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 12:02 PM
Pete

Grampi, what kind of bike(s) do you own?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 12:41 PM

Why doesn't grampi just click on Squids profile... It might solve some of these arguements.

Ian
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Squidwannabe is just havin' a little fun, though he had me fooled! I do have to agree that Harleys are made purely for speed and handling (he he).

Pete My last scooter was a V-Max, and the one before that was a V-65 Magna. Sorry to cut this message short, but the Honda shop just called to let me know they got their very first VTX in today. I have check this beast out! More later.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 03:30 PM

sportster 1200 - fastest sportbike in the world.
hahahahahahahhahahahah... ahhhh... hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Holy Moley! That VTX is absolutely gorgeous! And I thought I had the fever before! No test ride though. The one I looked at today is already spoken for, and so is the next one they get. Looks like I'll have to take a road trip to Denver to test ride one. Our local Honda dealership is just too small to get VTX's in any quantity. I'm sure Denver will have some large enough dealerships where they'll have a few on hand, and maybe they'll let me ride one.

I did get to sit on this one. I was surprised at how low the seat hight is, considering that massive V twin. When I say massive, the jugs are as big around as a bowling ball! I'm 6 ft. tall, and while sitting on it, my feet were flat on the floor and my knees were bent quite a bit. The seat is nice and wide too. It should be very comfortable for long hauls. The chrome on this thing is absolutely beautiful as well.

I will, somehow, someway, get to test ride one.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grampi
. When I say massive, the jugs are as big around as a bowling ball!
You have boobs as big as bowling balls! I though you were talking about a motorcycle!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Where has everyone been lately, fishin'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode