Best Bang for the buck - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Im wondering if anybody thinks there is a better bang for the buck then the 1200 bandit? I have a 99 that I bought new for 6400.00 including shipping and frieght. Considering most big sport and sport touring bikes are at least 9 grand. I think another great thing about the bandit is it gets tremendous gains from a slip on and carb jetting. My bike is still stock ( has tons of power right off idle) and I cant wait to see the way it feels with an extra 15-17 rear wheel horsepower added. These easy extra gains also add to the tremendous bang for the buck. Can anybody think off a bike that even comes close in this department? Hats off to suzuki for supplying us with tremendous thrills without sending us to the poor house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 05:48 PM
Dad

There is some truth to what you say. Not as flashy as some, but still a lot of bike.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 02:37 AM

Thumbs up

Bandits have a reputation as a "do-it-all" motorcycle. While it doesnt do GREAT in specific areas, it will at least do WELL in all of them. A very balanced bike, and for the money, you cant beat it.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 09:33 AM
Founder

I have to agree, both the Suzuki Bandit and the Kawasaki ZRX are very good all around bikes. And you can't beat the price/fun factor.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 01:17 PM

Wink

Just had to throw that ZRX comment in there, didnt ya Robert? LOL!!!

Kawi guys *sigh*
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 05:33 PM

Talking

I've got a 2001 model and love it, I couldn't ask for much more. Before I bought it I looked around for a comfortable bike and it's alot better than my last bike and FZR 600 and a ton more power, my hands no longer fall asleep after just riding about a half hour on that FZR. I have a holeshot slip-on on the way can't wait to see how much that will up the fun factor.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 11:07 AM

Didn't like the looks of last year's model. but the 2001 looks great. I looks like a bike you can put alot of miles on.
I understand it's an easy bike to get performance stuff for and the extra hp vs $ ratio is great. The motor is a favorite with the drag racers out this way.

I've seen several articles that voted this bike as the best bang for the buck...... who am I to argue.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Squidwannabe

Suzuki's place the "best bang for the buck" tag on a lot of thier bikes .. katana sv ...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 08:59 PM

Smile

Have to add that I'm partial to the unfaired version...
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 05:41 PM

Lightbulb

Uh Hello!! Can anybody spell V-F-R. Talk about bang for the buck.....you can ride that thing all day, 200 miles to the tank, straights, canyons, track day, wheelies, burnouts/stoppies (yeah right not with lbs) and get up the next day feeling younger!! The only down side with the best bang for buck is that you can do it all, but not excel in any area. That's why I had to sell the viffer and get the gixxer.....

Bang and buck meet where you want....

P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode