2001 Honda CBR600 f4i - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Hi guys and gals, I was wandering what yall thought of the new 01 Honda CBR600 F4i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 03:07 PM

I herd they weelie reel good, and the sliver culer is dope!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
I herd they weelie reel good, and the sliver culer is dope!
LMAO!! You are soo mean.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:52 PM

Warning: Serious post follows

The F4i has been getting mixed reviews. Some love it, some say it's disappointing. Most will agree that it's still the best all round 600 that you can buy.

Me, I WANT one, so if you're feeling generous, feel free to drop one my way, and I'll tell ya what I think!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 03:28 AM
Pete

Similar to what Dave said, I think some folks are disappointed that the F4i is not more of a race-replica, while others are disappointed that it is more of a race-replica than the previous F4. Nonetheless, I think it is an awesome 600. The higher pipe and the split seat add to the "drool factor," the tail trunk adds to it's all-around capabilities, the performance is more than acceptable for the street, and being the first of the big four to bring FI to the 600 class is sure to make the F4i a hot seller for Honda.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 06:58 AM

Actually, Suzuki's 2001 is FI also, so, they both tied for it.

I have seen one on the street and at the local bike shop, it's beautiful. I think it is the best looking 600 now. The R6 is kinda tired to me, and the Suzuki looks like the 750 and 1000 which bothers me.

The power and handling appear to be right there at the top, but in exchange for 2/10ths of a second around a minute and a half track, you get a confidence inspiring, comfortable but not cushy, most likely dependable bike.

I think it's bar none the best 600 out now, but the others are great too. People say it all the time, but the 600s really are all great bikes, so much competition. Go for looks mainly I would say, and riding position comfort for you.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Nance
. Go for looks mainly I would say, and riding position comfort for you.
That's not something that you'd expect to hear around here too often . But it's somewhat true, all of the 600s produced by the majors are very very good bikes.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 08:27 AM

They are selling like crazy, so if the proof is in the marketplace, the F4i is a home run.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:44 AM

am I just not being very observant, but this "report this post to a moderator" is that new? like new today?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:55 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Nance
am I just not being very observant, but this "report this post to a moderator" is that new? like new today?
It's new since the forum software upgrade. We are currently discussing what to do with it in the moderators forum.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode