Saw the 2001 R6 & GSX-R600 today......... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

I saw the new R6 and the new GSX-R600 at the dealer today and sat on them. The Suzuki looks........well, like a Suzuki. As you can tell I was underwhelmed, never been much of a Suzuki guy. The R6 on the other hand looked quite a bit better than the pictures portrayed it IMO. I tried talking them into letting me drive it home, but they said they have 3 deposits on it and the first one is coming in to pick it up. I guess I'll have to wait until next Wednesday when my dealer gets mine it.

I'm probably biased but I still think the R6 is the best looking 600 on the market, it may not be the 600 horsepower king anymore, but it's 90% rider in the middleweight class anyway. (I'm sure I'll say differently once someone on a new GSX-R beats me - then it's all bike!). Guess I better not let that happen :-)

Chris....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 10:24 AM

what prices are the 01 600's going for at your dealership?? with the honda getting fi and dual lights, I think it's almost a toss up anymore for which 600 looks the best. handling and HP is another thing. I was going to start a list for best looking 600, but I don't know. I know the triumph 600 would be on the bottom.

trevor
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 02:53 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I seen the new gixxser 600 and 750 today and like you I wasn't overwhelmed by them either. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there nice bikes, but I'm a yamaha guy.

John

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure what they were asking for the GSX-R, but the asking price on the R6 was retail ($7999). I saw the new CBR at Willow Springs and wasn't too impressed, they are merely copying the other 600's at this point.

The new tail section on the R6 looked better than I expected, but still not too sure about the clear tail lights (I'm not into the "ricy" look on the import cars).

Chris....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 07:34 PM

Unhappy

I picked up my R6 last Wednesday an' have had th' greatest time! Well... til Sunday. Went down an' broke my ankle. Bike damage iz light cosmetic on left side. Two months in a cast, a month or two of rehab then back t'ridin'! I jus' wanted t'comment on th' previous opinions about da looks in th' 600's. The tail section of th' R6 iz th' best lookin' on th' market period. At least for now.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 08:32 PM
Squid

Quote:
Originally posted by IamLisen
I picked up my R6 last Wednesday an' have had th' greatest time! Well... til Sunday. Went down an' broke my ankle. Bike damage iz light cosmetic on left side. Two months in a cast, a month or two of rehab then back t'ridin'! I jus' wanted t'comment on th' previous opinions about da looks in th' 600's. The tail section of th' R6 iz th' best lookin' on th' market period. At least for now.
Gees, at least you made it out of the dealers parking lot Let me guess, your first bike. Your right the tail does look good if you shave off that nasty looking fender

John
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672

Your right the tail does look good if you shave off that nasty looking fender
Actually you dont have to worry about 'shaving' off the rear fender on the new R6's. the entire fender just snaps off the bike instantly!

-------
arif
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 09:15 AM
Squid

Yeah, I guess your right, since probably the blinker and tail light wires go through that round post.

John
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
Quote:
Originally posted by IamLisen
Gees, at least you made it out of the dealers parking lot Let me guess, your first bike. Your right the tail does look good if you shave off that nasty looking fender
Actually, it's my third bike! I had a KZ700 and a Ninja 600R back in th' day. I slid in oil on a freeway exit. When my tires hit da gutter I went into damage control mode, cuz I knew I wuz goin' down at dat point. Laid da bike down in da ice plants on its left side and I tumbled left. I think I broke my ankle by instinctually puttin' my foot down (duh) and it got caught in th' gutter an' turned. You actually don't have t'shave th'fender. You take out three bolts and it comes off.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 04:12 PM
Squid

Iamlisen- has youis be lookin at dis dope webpage?

http://joel.net/ebonics/translator.asp

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode