Daytona 675? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Daytona 675?

I have a friend who is looking into the 06 Daytona 675 . He has experience ect, ect.... What do you guys know about this bike? He is not looking so much into performance as "cool" fetures such as the undertail exhaust. He has enough experience to buy this, but not enough to notice "little" differences with handeling ect... Before he makes any purchases I want your inputs on this bike as I trust your opinions more than any offical artical (although they are very helpful). I feel that you guys can give the most honest awnsers. Thanks in advance.

Live To Ride, Ride To Live
(I know it's a HD saying, but I love it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 AM

I don't have experience riding them, but it certainly looks and sounds like an excellent bike. If your friend has the experience and the means, you can advise him to go for it. However, the bike hasn't bee long enough on the market to detail all the reliability issues of Triumph, we'll have to wait and see.

It is certainly a better street bike than the 600s, with more torque down low, and perhaps uncommon. All the mags love it, but like you said, most average riders wouldn't notice the handling difference between it and any other sportbike.

So if he likes the look, sound, and ergonomics, he could go for it.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I've only sat on one. Not too many of them out there so finding people that can give you hands on opinions will be rare right now. I can tell you this, had the one I sat on not had a deposit on it then it would be in my garage. It is a beautiful bike that puts out great power and of course it is a triple so the sound will be awesome with aftermarket exhaust.

The motojournalists seem to be pretty damn happy with the bikes performance and power.

If I could own 2 sportbikes then a 675 would be one of them.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 PM

I highly reccommend the new 675. It really is an amazing machine and I have been lucky enough to test and work on one. We put a whole bunch of goodies onto it, and it is even better than before, but the before was amazing as well. In respect to the "little" things, it does not seem to skip a beat. Personally, I would not be surprised if it contends for bike of the year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_0016.jpg (319.9 KB, 223 views)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I think you are right about bike of the year.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM

Guess the one thing I'd want to look into is how the dealer support is in the area I'd buy one in....i.e. is there a close enough dealer for service?

If I were to go out today and buy a new sportbike, it would most likely be that bike. You don't see a lot of them, it's got a great motor, great looks. Don't have any firsthand experience with them though.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Definitely!

I also agree with everyone else here- the Daytona 675 is THE middleweight sportbike to have. All the magazines have given it rave reviews.

Very competitive horsepower, competitive pricing, more torque, unique 3-cylinder engine, a certain degree of exclusiveness, and drop-dead good looks. What more could you possibly want?

Good luck finding one though, I've heard that Triumph is selling them as quickly as they can churn them out. Quicker actually, I've heard rumors they might have already sold out of 2006's and that there's a waiting list for the 07's.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 11:13 PM

Tis definitly true about them being hard to come by. I may be able to help some of you guys out if you are SERIOUS about picking one up. We have pretty good connections with the dealers across the US. Let me know - Son
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 AM

A little OT, but I have heard some problems with engines. They use a lot of oil, thus causing some problems. I know that everyone should check oil regularly, but I heard that it is pretty excessive with the 675, is this true?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BtownGixxer
A little OT, but I have heard some problems with engines. They use a lot of oil, thus causing some problems. I know that everyone should check oil regularly, but I heard that it is pretty excessive with the 675, is this true?
Of course it is, otherwise they might threaten the GIXTA supremacy

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode