My VFR will be gone by next spring but I don't know exactly what I'm going to replace it with. I've narrowed it down to the below. Now remember I'm 6'4" around 230 lbs depending on the week. Because of this Suzuki's and Yamaha's are out of the question. So here's what I'm contemplating:
'01 Aprillia Futura
Without turning this into a full page, the pros and cons of each are
CBR1100 - Pros: very rare, more than enough power, comfortable, centerstand, fuel injection, full instrument panel, smooth as silk, not flashy.
- Cons: Not sure on the color, inline four, heavy, catlytic convertor, heavy, slow in corners, no solo seat or seat cowl, no adjustability in rear shock.
929 - Pros: light, power, the black and yellow color, fuel injection, handling, full suspension adjustablity, not that flashy.
- Cons: everybody has them, considered a squid mount(no offense), not exactly a long ride bike, ergonomics, crappy two up riding, inline four, kinda flashy, no centerstand, lack of seat cowl or solo seat.
ZX-9R - Pros: power, good looking, ergonomics, great engine.
- Cons: No fuel injection(maybe), Black Mica is not offered, kinda too flashy without the Black Mica, no centerstand, kinda loopey in the turns, weight, lack of seat cowl or solo seat, no centerstand, everyone has them.
ZX-12R - Pros: POWER, fuel injection, not everyone will have one, torque, probably great ergonomics, probably decent two up riding.
- Cons: Glitches to be worked out, kinda almost ugly, heavy, slow in turns, might not be a good passenger bike, inline four, no centerstand.
Aprillia - Pros: V-TWIN, single sided swingarm, not everyone will have one, underseat exhaust, torque, sound, seems nice looking, ergonomics, good two up riding, fuel injection, centerstand, not flashy.
- Cons: Pricey, not much different than the VFR(it's made to directly compete), might be light on power, no solo seat or seat cowl, probably heavy, first year blues.
'00 VFR(keeping it)
-Pros: comfy, V-4, yellow, not everyone has them, not flashy, seat cowl, decent two up riding, ergonomics, centerstand, full exhaust and k&n filter already, single sided swingarm, fuel injection, good looking(IMO)
-Cons: Power, weight, need a change, 9,000 miles(not a big deal), no trunk.
Well that's it. I would love to hear your opinions. Sorry for the book, but that's my thinking so far. You can see a trend on what I look for in a bike, or don't look for. I really like single sided swingarms so that's a con on all but the last two. Seems like my height really hampers my options unfortunately.
Looks like I turned this into a full page.
TBR Full CF High Mount Exhaust
[This message has been edited by Ian (edited September 23, 2000).]