Tests on Y2K 955i Daytona? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Question

Hi. I'm a totally happy, content owner of a Y2K Triumph 955i Daytona. They made some changes (new cylinderhead, shorter wheelbase etc.) for the Y2K-model. But has any of you seen some magazine-tests of this? It would be interesting to read some professional judgments of the changes and their affect on the bike compared to pre Y2K-models.
Ciao.

------------------
Dan-Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 01:43 AM
Pete

I can't recall seeing any tests. Sorry.

But hey, welcome to SBW!

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 02:13 AM

Talking

Sweden huh, ahhh let's just think about that for a minute ahhh ummm. O.K. that was a nice day dream. I think that in the interest of cultural exchange, that you should send lots of pictures (of the local scenery )

Welcome to the forum.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 02:22 AM

I new I read a test on that bike and after a little digging I found the issue.

It is Cycle World, December 1999. I NEVER throw any of my old issues away. Anyway I have two December issues (got one for X-mas cuz I already subscribe).

If you would like it I can ship it to you. Just e-mail (so I can't miss your post)me if you want it... Let me know

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited August 14, 2000).]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 02:23 AM

Oh, and welcome to SBW!!!!

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Hi and thanks for the help (sent a separate mail to you Dan F4). My-oh, pictures of the local scenery? All right, I'll see what I can find out. All my recent pictures is from Brazil where I been living for a while but I'll dig out some local raceway scenery or some web-addresses where you can see whatís it like in Sweden. To be honest it's been raining most of the summer here, so riding have had itís drawbacks. For entertainment you could read these rules of the road (most of which you seen before)
RULES OF THE ROAD
The following are the "Rules of the Road" for motorcycles (rewritten from Rules of the Air). Please post in the appropriate location and follow accordingly:
1. Every ride off is optional. Every parking job is mandatory.
2. If you push the bars left, the bike goes right. If you push the bars right, the bike goes left. That is, unless you continue pushing the bars all the way, then the bike will go down.
3. Riding isn't dangerous. Crashing is dangerous.
4. It's always better to be on the sidelines wishing you were on the track than on the track wishing you were on the sidelines.
5. The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
6. The rear wheel is just a big fan on back of the bike used to keep the rider cool and his butt relaxed. If going into a corner too fast, slamming on the rear brake causes the "fan" to abruptly stop. When this happens you can actually see the rider start sweating and butt become tense.
7. When in doubt, slow down. No one has ever hit something too slow.
8. A 'good' ride is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' ride is one after which you can use the bike again.
9. Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
10. You know you've left the sidestand down when all left turn are Bat-turns. You know you've left the centerstand down when youíre in 1st gear at 4000 rpm going nowhere.
11. When traction is sparse, the falling down is inversely proportional to the angle of lean. Large angles of lean, small probability of falling down and vice versa.
12. Never let a motorcycle take you somewhere your brain didn't get to three seconds earlier.
13. Stay out of fog, The taillights you are following may be a Winnebago parked in the middle of the road. Reliable sources also report that eighteen wheel trucks, large SUV's and deer have been known to hide out in fog.
14. Always try to keep the number of times you put your parking stand down equal to the number of times you put the parking stand up.
15. There are two simple rules for riding smoothly and fast in snow and on ice. Unfortunately no one knows what these are.
16. You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
17. Cars can't make turns; they're just so heavy the road doesn't have enough strength to throw all of them off, (but it tries, watch).
18. If all you can see in your mirrors is sparks and all you can hear is screaming from your passenger, things may not be as they should be.
19. In the ongoing battle between objects made of metal, rubber and fibreglass going 100+ miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose. Same holds for cars, large trucks, and animals taller than you are. Draws don't count.
20. Good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgement.
21. It's always a good idea to keep the headlight end going forward and the tires below you as much as possible.
22. Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.
23. Remember gravity and centrifugal forces are not just good ideas. They're laws and are not subject to repeal.
24. The two most useless things to a rider are the braking distance behind you and nine-tenth of a second ago

------------------
Dan-Erik
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2000, 06:54 PM

My-oh, pictures of the local scenery? All right, I'll see what I can find out. All my recent pictures is from Brazil where I been living for a while but I'll dig out some local raceway scenery or some web-addresses where you can see whatís it like in Sweden.

BRAZIL??? Even better! Post pictures soon!!!

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode