buying ... a... Kawsaki ZX11 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

yes, i am new to the motorcycle world. and i do have a 250 cc Ninja. and doing the wheelie thing...well...watching people do it always made me want to do it and i've always wondered how. maybe in a coupla years, i'll try it. 16?...close, i'm actually 17. any other criticisms you want to shoot at me? go right ahead. ok...back to regular topic. Kawasaki ZX11...i've been reading a lot of articles, reviews, specifications, etc, on this bike and i'm really starting to love it. weee...cant wait to ride one of these babies and since its used, i have no break-in blues...

------------------
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Question

in a few days, i will soon be a kawasaki zx11 owner. used, and with 2700 mileage on it and a level 2 jet kit. i just have a coupla questions and your feedback would be nice.

1. How much does the jet kit affect the performance of bikes?

2. i know this is an awesome bike...but is it THAT awesome?

thanks guys. laterz

GREEN4EVR!!!!

------------------
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 07:18 AM
Squidwannabe

Hey man,

Jet kits don't double your power, only sloght differences... If lets say you have 177 mph topspeed it might go up a few mph.

How awsome you say ?? how about 180mph top speed ,(approx) 130hp, 80 lbs trq., 10.5 sec 1/4 mile, but at a weight of 604 lbs wet... stay off the race track!

BTW: How old are you ???

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 07:56 AM

didnt u just post in another forum that u know nothing about motorcycles? & u wanted to know how to wheelie? & u are brand new to the world of automobiles? that leads me to believe u r barely 16? well.. its been nice knowin ya.

dont by the zx-11 & buy a 250-650 instead.

------------------
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 09:08 AM

Thumbs down

Read this thread from the Honda Forum, Youngrider. It applies to you, too.

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 09:32 AM

Young, first let me say this... No one loves ZX11s' more than me. When I finally, reluctantly sold my 90, it had over 100k on it. I mention that so you'll know that I know a little about them.
Zx11s are good for two things - Drag racing, and sport-touring. Even though you can do tricks on them, the weight & power of the bike makes it dangerous for you & hard on the motorcycle.
What sort of riding do you want to do? If you want to pop wheelies, do stoppies & burnouts, and things like that you'd be much better off with a smaller, lighter bike. If you want to roadrace or go to the track, you'd be better off with a smaller bike.
If you want to drag, or fly down country roads at ridiculous speeds while feeling the firm breasts of a trembling schoolgirl being pushed forcefully into your back, then the big Z is the bike for you!!

------------------
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 10:46 AM

I was told by a friend that the ZX11 will spin the rear tire and kick out to the right, before it'll lift the front tire. It's not a good wheelie bike because of the wheelbase and heavy frontend.
I could be wrong.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

alright scotty, i read that forum. quite informative. im wondering why are you so damn harsh against newbies? YIkeS!!! traumatized...? lol...JK!! alright, i'll stop. well...so i'm guessing an 1100 cc bike is too big. i thought so...to tell you the truth, i actually want the suzuki 600 gixxers. i'll look into that. i'm going city riding too so a big bike like that wont help me much. now all i gotta do is convince my big guy not to buy it. YIKES!....thanks for all your help.

------------------
Too Young to ride, too old to not
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 04:39 AM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youngrider_250:
16?...close, i'm actually 17.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But acting like you're 13.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 05:12 AM

I think we should celebrate one last birthday for youngrider... if he gets that bike we all know he won't get another one. Hey youngrider have you ever seen a kid about your age with his brain smeared all over the ground because he was riding too fast and hit a firehydrant? I have... his older brother wasn't happy about putting his younger brother in the ground at such a young age. I love that honda ad in all the mags... "STUPID HURTS"

------------------
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode