fair price for 05' gsx-r 1000 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

fair price for 05' gsx-r 1000

ok so im in the market for a new bike. ive been browsing ebay for months just out of curiosity and interest but something caught my eye. an absolutely gorgeous yellow and black 2005 gsx-r 1000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

He is local, in fact in the same county. i contacted him this morning via message saying how i was interested. i gave him my phone number. within a half hour he calls back. he tells me hes willing to give it up for 9,500. he says two guys, not local, are fighting for the bike. he says highest bitter wins. out of stupidity i say ill offer 10k. a retard move to make i know. its alright i have my tricks too though. i am willing to pay 10k but if i can get away with 9500 then thats a fair price. my friend asks his motorcycle buddies and they all come to the consensus that 9500 is the max that i should offer for the bike. they have not seen it at all though. i will see it in person tomorrow. do you guys think this is a fair price? and have any tips?

as you can see, he has a slip on yoshi exhaust (that im not to fond of actually), tinted screen, HID lights (if theyre proven authentic), lo jack security, bike stand, and helmet and jacket. all included. should i try and snag this or be stubborn and say 9500 or nothing. 500 dollars is alot of course but personally, i dont mind paying a little more for something i like.

how much do you think all these add ons could have cost him? also i asked why hes selling and he says he has a family and wants to buy a boat. makes sense i suppose. we live in florida and you cant have 3 kids and a wife ride on gixxer. hes also willing to provide the stock exhaust too.

ok well im done. a little input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:25 PM

I only paid $9,471 otd for my 06'. There are better deals out there. You should be able to get a new one for $9,500 if your willing to travel a little bit. The aftermarket stuff really don't add much value and maybe the rims being painted might add a little if you like that. I've heard prices in Florida are high. Is that true? If so then maybe $9,500 is a fair price as long as the bike is not stunted are raced.

The question is how bad do you want the bike?

Last edited by xtreme1k; 06-04-2006 at 07:34 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:34 AM

A friend of mine is selling his K5 with some aftermarket stuff (less than that bike, rearsets, slider, maybe a few others) for 8k. Thats under 10k miles, almost mint. 10k for a used bike? thats a joke. Why not buy new? I'm sure the financing would be better

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
I would offer 8K and may go as high as 8500 if you really want the bike. No more.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

ok so from your advice and the advice of my friend i turned down the chance to even see the bike. it was to high. but more importantly, it was a 1000 and this would be second bike. my friend has two 1000s and says hed rather have a new 600 for the fun factor. in fact he convinced me. i think ill get the new r6. is this a good idea in your opinions? he might actually buy one two just in a different color...i doubt that though but i dont doubt me buying the r6 for myself. is this a good second bike?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM

2nd bike

I guess that depends. What was your first bike?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 AM

and how long have you had it, how many miles?

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
OHIO

Dude you can go down to honda east in ohio and pick up a new one for like$9000.00
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

my first bike was a '95 cb 750. ive left posts on this before. about 3000 miles. the last 25 with a almost broken clutch cable on the way home. i believe ive gotten comfortable enough on it. i got a perfect score on my motorcycle license examination in march and have put on freeway and local road miles on the bike. two and from school (my college is 30 minutes down I-95 in fl traffic).

the reviews of the r6 seem to be unanimous. scalpel handling and a screaming engine. the gripe was it had no low down power. shouldnt i see this as an asset though. considering in traffic you dont want to make noise or be to jumpy on the throttle, having less power down there is a "safety". when i do feel comfortable and feel its ok to go fast then theres that power up top. keep talking though, i could always use feedback and warning and things to look out for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode