gixxers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

gixxers

i actually want a gsx-r 750 or 1000 for my first bike.........glad they are rated as the best

looking for my perfect bike.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM

Re: gixxers

Quote:
Originally posted by andres99pony
i actually want a gsx-r 750 or 1000 for my first bike.........glad they are rated as the best
Either one would make a fine first bike, they are built for the beginer in mind!

Have fun, ride safe!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to matte220

Hey bro...BOTH R great bikes BUT maybe not for a first bike! Have you ridden much at all? Just want you to be safe and enjoy this great experience but a 600cc maybe the way to go! You'll still be blown away by the performance!
Just my two cents,
Matte

Quote:

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Please tell me you're joking!!!!!!!! No one in their right mind would buy a GSXR 1000 for a first bike or even a 750! I have 26 years of street experience and my Gixxer 1000 will pucker my ass faster than you can say "HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS FAST".

Do us all a favor and get yourself a nice used F2 or f3 or an ex500 to learn on. Or better yet get a 250!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:27 PM

What a wimp.

Get a Busa or a Kawasaki ZX-14.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABRAXIS*BuSa* Send a message via Yahoo to ABRAXIS*BuSa*
i think as long as you can handle the weight of the bike and you can controle the speed and be responceable any bike is a good first bike... to quote spiderman "with great power comes great responsablity"
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ABRAXIS*BuSa*
i think as long as you can handle the weight of the bike and you can controle the speed and be responceable any bike is a good first bike... to quote spiderman "with great power comes great responsablity"
To quote me: "with no experience, and 1000cc's comes an early funeral!"

Have fun, ride safe!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABRAXIS*BuSa* Send a message via Yahoo to ABRAXIS*BuSa*
but he did not say that he had no exp. he said he was looking for a first bike. i road around on a 99 zx-6r for like 2mths. then did not ride for like a year. and bought a busa. and some times i think its not fast enough.... in come in with a responceablity and controle factor.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 12:03 PM

this might be the craziest thread ive ever read on here. it has to be a joke. if a newb even mentions getting a new 600 they are warned by everyone here and yet someone mentions a 170hp+ gixxer 1000 as a first bike and only one person disagrees. i hope no one has seen this yet cuz this is a poor showing from the vets.

to have someone actually say they want a 1st bike gixxer 1000 is astounding stupidity (sorry just gut reaction). id like to be there when the rider gets on it, lets the clutch out and twists the throttle out two inches bcuz he thinks he can give it gas like in a car and "play" with the engagement. your front wheel will pop up, the engine will scream and so will you. even if you get past that, imagine trying to keep your throttle hand steady in your first ever turn through a neighborhood in 1st gear bcuz you havent had the courage to shift up to second yet!!!.......

i only say this with such vigour and passion (no offense to you) bcuz ive let 3 seperate friends drive my sub 100 hp, 450lb plus old nighthawk and almost crash!!!....after 3 months of riding on a forida interstate next to my friend on his R1, he is still nervous about me getting on it. and when rode it for the first time i was scared shitless by the power.

didnt mean to piss anyone off but i can imagine what the dealer will be thinking when hes trying to show you the controls in the parking lot after you sign the paperwork.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RealRacer2305
this might be the craziest thread ive ever read on here. it has to be a joke. if a newb even mentions getting a new 600 they are warned by everyone here and yet someone mentions a 170hp+ gixxer 1000 as a first bike and only one person disagrees. i hope no one has seen this yet cuz this is a poor showing from the vets.

to have someone actually say they want a 1st bike gixxer 1000 is astounding stupidity (sorry just gut reaction). id like to be there when the rider gets on it, lets the clutch out and twists the throttle out two inches bcuz he thinks he can give it gas like in a car and "play" with the engagement. your front wheel will pop up, the engine will scream and so will you. even if you get past that, imagine trying to keep your throttle hand steady in your first ever turn through a neighborhood in 1st gear bcuz you havent had the courage to shift up to second yet!!!.......

i only say this with such vigour and passion (no offense to you) bcuz ive let 3 seperate friends drive my sub 100 hp, 450lb plus old nighthawk and almost crash!!!....after 3 months of riding on a forida interstate next to my friend on his R1, he is still nervous about me getting on it. and when rode it for the first time i was scared shitless by the power.

didnt mean to piss anyone off but i can imagine what the dealer will be thinking when hes trying to show you the controls in the parking lot after you sign the paperwork.
I dont know what's more shocking: the fact that you believe this guy's really getting a 1000cc bike or that you think any of us were serious in telling him to go for it.....calling Captain Obvious, duh!

Have fun, ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode