750 dilemma - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

750 dilemma

so im off to purchase my second bike (the first being a wise and rewarding choice in a 95 honda cb 750). i am in a toss up between two bikes that are completely different. the 05-06 yamaha r1 vs. 06 gixxer 750. money is not an issue, nor are looks (well not to much). the deciding factor is which is a better investment. do i want a 750 that wont have such a sharp learning curve, is light as a 600 plus more power, or do i want to jump to the end all in the r1 and not ever have to look over my shoulder. when i get the 750 will i feel ive outgrown it in 6 months and want a 1000 or will i be happy and content. granted i am (or i imagine will be) an aggressive and committed rider so there will be lots of miles and i hope to have my skill continually develope.

just asking from someone who knows, especially if you have a gixxer 750 and wants to share their later feelings their bike or a person who has bought a 1000 or more specifically an r1 early in their riding career. this is a big decision as i will put alot of money, time, work and love into the bike i buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to SepiasSoul
I love the looks of the R1... but I think that the 750 would be plenty of bike for anyone unless they are dragging it. Im sure, since you have an older 750 like myself, you have ridden next to a modern 600 and have been easily overtaken. I think a modern 750 is going to kick compared to both of our older 750s. If money isn't a problem then I would go with the 750 and if 6mo's in you want a little more power, then take it to your local shop and bump it up. You can always bump up a 750 but you cant bump down a 1000... without problems Just my though. Hey you want to share some of that cash with me? I've got a full akrapovic system I've got my eye on for my bike

Sepias

Protect yourselves! The squirrels are plotting to steal our nuts!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

lol yea i dont have that much money. im a waiter so when i decide to save up i can come up with money. but i have to SAVE. ya i know the 750 is prolly insane enough. my friend has a gsxr 1000 and an '04 R1 and a '05 cbr 600 so when i get my license in two weeks hes letting me see what i like. to bad theres no 750. i just like the idea of agility and extra beef. i dont want to be nervous about adding throttle on a turn with a 1000 and having the back slide out. plus theyre heavier and im not that big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode