black zx10r with a little love.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
Thumbs up black zx10r with a little love....

06 black zx10.
Just a little work can do wonders.
Black powdercoated wheels.
Blacked out the exhaust and shields.
few other little things also.

What do you all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img79375jk.jpg (331.6 KB, 213 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to PPPope
That is sick. I'm not a fan of the new kawi liter, but what you've done makes it look pretty damn fine...

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
-Vince Lombardi
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 PM

Sweet lookin machine! The black is the only way I could go on the ZX10!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:37 PM

mainer: I think its about time you edit your profile

xtreme: if you take a look at my pics, you'll see there is more then one way to do a black zx10.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Looks good. It almost looks textured. I like the side hang exhaust too. Thats another reason I own a Gixxer. And i actually like the stock can, although most of my friends think I'm crazy!

What kind of dog is that. Looks like a Dane pup!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:48 PM

The "paint" is textured.. its actually truck bedliner. And the pup is a dane... 7/mo old now, stands taller than me...

-—Theodore Roosevelt

|
|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:15 PM

What made you think of using bedliner paint on your bike? Thats a very original idea! I like it.

Check my galllery. I put a couple pics of my girl Katie. 165 lb. female Mantle Great Dane! Sh'e my other hobbie. I love my dane's. She's #4 I've owned!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:33 AM

I cant claim the idea as entirely original. It all started when I realized first hand how much it costs to replace plastics. At the time I wanted to get into stunting, so my idea was to cover the fairins with a plastic screen (kind of like chickenwire) and then cover the whole thing with at least 1/8" bedlines. This arrangement should add a great deal of strength to the fairings. While discussing the idea online, one of the members Izzy, mentioned that he has done a bike in bedliner. We met up a few weeks later, and I was not too impressed. It was too black, and not nearly shiney enough for me at the time. Time has passed, my stunt ambitions lessened, and I found I can save myself some money by buying used plastics. They often come in the wrong color, so paint was still necessary. I had the perfect paintjob in mind, Large red hammer and sicles (I'm originally russian). I know a guy who owns a paintshop, and he did me a deal, that if I do the sanding, he would paint it for pretty cheap. So I got to sanding, only to find out later, that the paint guy cant do artwork. He recommended a vinyl. The vinyl place was happy to print something, but they needed a picture, which I didnt have (I'm not all that artistic either), so they recommended air brushing. The airbrush guy said he would do it for pretty cheap, but then started going off on exactly what kind of paint needs to be on the bike and how the paint guy is trying to screw me. So the two of them are having a professional dick whipping contest with me as the massanger, and the price of this project is steadily increasing. After a little while, I've had it with both of them, so I went and picked up a can sprayed and old broken fairing I had, liked the result and painted the rest of the bike. Since then I've had mostly compliments, with a few dislikes mostly from proffessional paint guys.

Nice dog you got there. Scary thought that mine will get to that size and might surpass it (its a male). Its my first dane, and my first dog since I've started living on my own. I've heard so many rumors of danes being agressive, and was very glad to find quiet the opposite to be true. They do however get playfull, and that in itself can be a problem.

-—Theodore Roosevelt

|
|
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:35 AM

Sorry mainer we are hijacking your thread....

-—Theodore Roosevelt

|
|
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 06:13 AM

I think the bike looks great!

The only danes that get aggresive are Harlaquins. I had one muall my daughter and he was put down immidiatly! The Humane sociaty said he was the fourth Harl that year that had freaked out on it's owner. My Katie is just a big sweetie. She is very demanding of affection which at her size can be annoying. She can get very forcful when she wants to be petted, not aggresive just accertive!

Thread jacking over! sorry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode