Which of the Four Major 600 Series Sportbikes look best for 2006? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Which of the Four Major 600 Series Sportbikes look best for 2006?
Honda CBR600RR 14 17.50%
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 15 18.75%
Suzuki GSX-R600 21 26.25%
Yamaha YZF-R6 30 37.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Question Which of the Four Major 600 Series Sportbikes look best for 2006?

Which of the 2006 model year 600 series bikes from Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki & Yamaha do you like the look of best. Purely cosmetic qualitys are what is being judged here.

Here are the models homepages.

Honda - http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...elId=CBR600RR6

Kawasaki - http://www.kawasaki.com/HTML/MOTORCY...zx6r_frame.asp

Suzuki - http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...6/Default.aspx

Yamaha - http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr.../8/0/home.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to izzybo69
Damn this is a close race this year, i gave it to the GSXR but i always lean that way, but it is very close between suzi and kawi, with yami right behind them.

They are all sexy bikes!

I may not know everything about somethings, but i know something about everything!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

I am uncomfortable admitting I like the Yamaha YZF-R6 the best. I am much more comfortable liking the Suzuki or the Honda. They both seem to have a familiarity about them, they don't stretch my mind to recognise why I like them. The Yamaha is hitting me with all kinds of radicle angles that I just can't get over. I may not know exactly why I like it better, in fact I know why I like the Suzuki & the Honda, but this Yamaha is taunting.

The Kawasaki is the odd dog out. It doesn't so much have lines as much as it has interesting changes in bulky apearence. That being said I like its look, just as I like the look of the other three bikes, but for some reason it just doesn't jump out at me as the others do. Subtly good looking. It looks more like a 1000 class bike to me.

Anyways, bravo to all four of them. I like them all. The Kawasaki is a subdued dashing, the Honda & Suzuki are conservatively sleak & styleish & the Yamaha is fiercely poised and unmatched in sharpness. I chose the look of the Yamaha YZF-R6. (But I reserve the right to spontaneously like any of them if my sense of style so bids)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:08 PM

i'll agree about kawi's, i think they're aesthetically the least pleasing compared to the other 3

i'm a big fan of honda, and i think that orange/black look for '06 looks very unique. I'm growing to like the suzuki headlights and the r6 is just a sexy beast, period

work hard and play hard... hell, if I'm killin' myself with work, I may as well kill myself havin' fun!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
i think that orange/black look for '06 looks very unique
Just for the reckord I compared the four bikes in greyscale. I didn't want the color to taint my interpritation of the physical charcteristics of the bikes. So my judgements are made without regard to the color of the bikes. I'm not going to ask everyone else to make that distinction though. The color of a bike is probably the most important stylistic part. I just figured I cared more about the physical character of the bike which are in my opinion more intrinsic to the bikes style than wheather the manufacturer messed up the bike by painting it in a color scheme I don't like. Both color and physical shape are important, but I was more focused on the physical shape/character.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM

I am definately a Kawasaki man, but they need to get a bit more radicle it looks a bit dated. The Suzuki and the Yamaha are my pick, the honda looked great when it first came out, but i'm to used to it now. I think the R6 has got me this year and is probably the bike I will upgrade to next year...Sorry Kwaka.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by izzybo69
Damn this is a close race this year, i gave it to the GSXR but i always lean that way, but it is very close between suzi and kawi, with yami right behind them.

They are all sexy bikes!
Sure is close...all six of us voted for a diffrent thing
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 03:37 PM

Have been and always be a die hard Suzuki fan. So, I am a little biased.

As far as the 600's go, my nod goes to the Gixxer for styling.

Now, I have to swallow my pride here as far as the litre bikes are concerned. I am an avid Yamaha hater, and have been ever since I owned a 1993 YZF750SP (it was a DOG.) Anywho, the R1's have always, in my opinion, been the best looking litre bikes on the market. Don't know why, but they always make me look twice. And with the new LE's that are going to be hitting the streets here next Spring, I am sure that I will be lookikng at third time.

Last edited by RLinNH; 11-23-2005 at 04:14 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to slick1537
I gotta say that the new gxsr is hot. I love the colour schemes and the mirror intergrated turn signals.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:45 AM

4th - I thought my Kwacka tendencies would lean me towards to ZX, but I don't like the look of it at all. What's up with that nose???? Also, the tail just doesn't quite look right. Too chunky.

3rd - The GSX was the next crossed off my list. Those integrated indicators do nothing for the looks of a sports bike. Remind me of a posh Mercedes instead. Also, to me, that headlight is beginning to look too "Busa". I've always thought the 'Busa looked like a Cyclops. Other than that, not bad, not bad at all.

2nd - I looked and looked and looked and finally discounted the CBR, but not because I could fault it. I just felt that it didn't "scream" the loudest.

1st - My vote went to the YZF for its all-out, unmistakeable aggressiveness. The tail is what pushed it over the edge. That thin little wedge looks hot. It gives the whole seat area a real "jockey's saddle" appearance. A little seat on a big, frighteningly-fast beast. Just gotta get rid of that snub pipe and put a nice aftermarket one on it.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode