new cosmetic change opinions for 06 models - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

new cosmetic change opinions for 06 models

for the major new cosmetic changes on the 06 models, i would have to say that im not liking the new zx-10r. the undertail looks sweet but not as nice as the r1, and the front is just terrible with the self-described "round, softer tear drop look". i like the mean aggressive look on the yam or cbr more.

the gsxr 04+ (i think it might have started in 05) exhausts look terrible imo. it looks like it was just welded on by some factory worke in tokyo the night before the rest of it went off on a ship to be assembled in Taiwan.

whats your opinions on the new R6 with that stubby exhaust tip?

in conclusion i think the zx-6r and the cbr 600rr are the best lookin 600 class bikes (but the kawi beats it cuz its 636 and just sweeter) and the R1 wrecks everyone when it comes to looks (although the cbr looks nice too)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 04:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to PPPope
The 636, 600RR, and 1000RR are definitely at the top of the class in looks and style. I love the sexy styling on the 636, but I am still drawn to the RR. Not really sure why. My father has always been a Honda guy and most people say Honda is the best in terms of reliability and finish, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Maybe somebody can help me in terms of experience with both bikes. All the online articles say that the 600RR lacks mid-range power, and the 636 is the exact opposite; packing great midrange. Is the difference that noticeable? I am thinking about my next bike - a liter bike is out of the question for me - and I am trying to decide between the two. Would I really miss the power of the Kwak by getting the CBR? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
-Vince Lombardi
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 01:44 PM

That ugly stubby pipe would be short lived with an aftermarket pipe on the R6. But, yeah, I thought I was the only one who thought the new Kawi was ugly. The new Suzuki GSXR 600 and 750 looks pretty close to a 05 1000. Too close to distinquish which model it is other than paint scheme. But, still cool.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:06 AM

Enough said
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sbn1_3_4.jpg (51.1 KB, 144 views)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
tell me this is ugly.....................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 06.jpg (469.3 KB, 126 views)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

Joking, that is the best 10 I have seen.

-M-
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 01:42 PM

maine, that exhaust looks freakin' huge man... like riced-out civic huge.

work hard and play hard... hell, if I'm killin' myself with work, I may as well kill myself havin' fun!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:42 PM

I think the 10r's are beautiful from the footpegs forward but the pipes look ugly. You however have gotten rid of the ugly pipes and your bike looks great. Is the the smallest cans you can get?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
not my bike it's off zx-10r.net. but it is the best 10 I have seen yet. You can get smaller cans... aarow makes some and also another company makes some too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode