04 Triumph Daytona - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DaytonaGirl
04 Triumph Daytona

I bought my 04 Triumph Daytona 600 at the end of last season (September). I only have a 1,000 miles on it but what an improvement from my '03 Ninja 500. I only had the ninja for four months before I got bored with it.

The bad news is, I hardly got my bike through the break-in period when I had to put her away for the winter. I'd really like to live in FL just so I could ride all year.

Right away I noticed some flat spots but the dealer said that's just until I get the first maintenance. I say BS to that. I hear the D6 and 955i are known for such things. The bike is great through the corners (so far) and the shape and size are perfect for me. Actually, the bike is a little tall for me but that's only a problem when I'm trying to walk it around.

I guess that's all for now. I'm reallylooking forward to riding this season and getting a better feel for my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp_0678.jpg (77.3 KB, 161 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:45 AM

Awesome bike. I know what you mean about getting a new bike and not being able to ride it. I bought mine in January, and had to wait until last weekend to ride it the first time. I think I won't get to ride a lot in the next few weeks, but I'm glad it is available when I want it now.

I have a quick Triumph question. Are there many dealers around? I'm guessing you must have one near you anway. One of my concerns buying a bike new was finding a brand with a good dealer network, especially being a new rider. I wanted to be able to get the bike in for service without too much hassle, and somewhere I can ask a mechanic dumb questions.

"Stay tuned here for a new quote" scanevalexec
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DaytonaGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by scanevalexec
Awesome bike. I know what you mean about getting a new bike and not being able to ride it. I bought mine in January, and had to wait until last weekend to ride it the first time. I think I won't get to ride a lot in the next few weeks, but I'm glad it is available when I want it now.

I have a quick Triumph question. Are there many dealers around? I'm guessing you must have one near you anway. One of my concerns buying a bike new was finding a brand with a good dealer network, especially being a new rider. I wanted to be able to get the bike in for service without too much hassle, and somewhere I can ask a mechanic dumb questions.
there is a Triumph Dealership near me but stupid me had to go and buy my bike in Winsted CT, which is almost 2 hours away. Ugh. So I do the major maintenance there and smaller stuff I get done near me. They're all super nice to me (cuz I'm a girl?) and they do my maintenance right away since I have a long drive and I'm not going to drive all the way home to drive all the way back the very next day. So it has some perks. Also, a lot of my friends can help with maintenance since everyone I know loves bikes.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 07:13 PM

Props to you for trying something other then a jap bike ;-)

Anyway im sure the flat spots can be fixed with a power commander and an exhaust (that bike is fuel injected right?)

I test rode a triumph 955 daytona and LOVED IT. it was a fantastic ride. My only complaint is that the seat height seemed higher then other 600's.

Motorcycles owned:
1981 Yamaha XS650
1987 Honda VFR 700 F2
2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
(current ) 1987 Kawasaki Ninja ZX1000A2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode