2004 Honda line up....what do you think?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: What do you think about Honda's 2004 sportbike line up?
Awesome new bikes!!!! 29 61.70%
2004 line up is awful...Honda needs a design overhal for aging designs 18 38.30%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

2004 Honda line up....what do you think??

Im a true red blooded honda red rider all the way, but my anxiousness and high hopes for Honda's 2004 line up all went down the drain about 3 weeks ago when I saw thier 2004 line up on their website. The best thing about their 04 line up is the 1000 RR, other wise, everthing else is the same line up as last year, oh yeah they did add a 619, the middle weight version of the 919. Im dissapointed because the 1000RR is suppose to be their bad a$s bike in 04, but seems to be overweight compared to the 04 R1, ZX10, and GSXR 1000. There has not been any specs out yet on the 1000rr horsepower,but it better be 155plus in order to hang with the competition. The black version is kick a$s compared to the red and silver, in my opinion, they should have varied its look a little more than the 600RR. I am very dissappointed in the 04 Superhawk. There were a lot of talk about Honda remaking the great twin with fuel injection and a larger gas tank.....NOPE!!! They are selling the same old Superhawk, black with gold rims.......nice paint scheme, but that does not make up for its lack in technology....this may be the only carberated sportbike on the street this year. Honda is a great all around reliable brand bike, but they need to keep up with the times and competition. What do you all think about Honda's sportbike future????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 04:08 PM

Honda must of spent too much time/money on that lame Rune that put out the middle this year.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 07:58 AM

I wouldn't lose all hope just yet! The 03 600RR is an outstanding bike and if the 1000RR is anything like it...... we will be very happy with it. I'm not too happy about the paint on the lower fairing on these bikes. I am going to paint mine to match the rest of the bike! I also thought the Superhawk would be revamped!

All in all Honda is still a great product. Just give this 1000RR time and we might be real happy with it!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 11:59 AM

Don't let the wait discourage you. The 600RR is way overweight this year then the other bikes and its considered a top competitor. Honda's most recent design goals just haven't had the same emphasis on weight reduction like some of the other manufacturers have but they still put out a fierce bike.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:45 PM

Last year when i saw the 600rr i thought, damn that looks sweet. This year with everything the other bikes are doing it's like, this is what a company as big as honda put out. Maybe there was a major flu going around the r&d department because there's no way i would think of buying this years honda over an 04r1 or gsxr1000.

Honda sucks!!!

Stop judging people you fat ugly loser!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 11:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wheelie123
Read the new Roadracing World and the write-up on the new 1000RR. Most informative are the opinions of Ben Bostrom, Duhamel, and Zemke: out of the crate, the bike is frightening: 192 mph at Daytona. Even Mladin is pissed about getting spanked when he was riding his ass off.

"Tattoo on the lower back. Might as well be a bullseye." - Wedding Crashers
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:53 PM

Reading up on the press opinions and talking to some friends who have gotten to ride them, apparently Honda went for and nailed the elusive, non-quanitative feel. It doesnt wheelie easily, responds somewhere between a 600 and a 750, sticks to the pavement like its nailed there has a dead straight HP and torque curve and isnt balky. Finesse over brute force. I think it will be just like alot of other Honda sportbikes. As a race bike it does everything great and nothing perfect but has no big defects. Throw in the RC211V breeding and I think they may have it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to m3beamerboi
lets not forget the ugly banana seated f4i

newbie, wants to be a "smart" squid

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't
mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Fcuknig amzanig huh?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 05:28 PM

No doubt. Looks like my friends '97 ZX-6E. But then again I cant blame them either. With the 600RR the F4i wont do as a purebreed super sport. Have to appeal to touring crowd more.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 08:23 PM

Honda right in there!

Hondas lineup is great, who can say another is better? The big news in the sportbike world this year is the CBR1000rr. Have you read the tests, breaks new ground for handling and ease to ride fast. Hondas future? Looks bright to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode