2003 cbr 600RR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2003 cbr 600RR

So My dealer in Searcy Arkansas calls me yesterday afternoon...Hey the 600 rr is in come on down and check it out!!!
So I zip over there( 40 miles) after I get off of duty.
The mechanic had just gotten off of it and was putting it on display as I walked in. My first impression was that Pictures do this bike no justice!!! Its Red and I don't even Like red!!! I look it over sit on it a few times... the seat is thin...the handle bars feel thin as well but I didn't have gloves on. Ok now my friend just bought an 2003 R6 and I rode it....nice bike...very snappy... but when I sat on it and looked down at what I was riding it looked and Felt( between the legs) Like a Ninja 250!!! No it didn't ride like one Any how back to the Honda 600RR ok so the tank feels wider than an R6....but not in a bad way. The fairing looks like it'll do a good job of keeping the wind down.( the R6 might as well not have one). It looks very well made( the Yamaha does too) but I give the Honda the nod due to the trick Underseat exhaust, More complete coverage fairing and way beefy looking forks. I checked out the staorage space under the seat ...it sucks..the r6 has it beat there so does the zx6r. My old cbr900rr was king in that catagory.
So I gave my salesman a Deposit for a Yellow one...it'll be here May 9 he said . Too bad Honda isn't making it in that Blue Yamaha uses..

Its not wanting what you don't have ...but wanting what you do have..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to arif CBRF4
You are right...the R6 does feel alot more compact! Weighing close to 30 odd lbs less than the 600RR it feels real light. Both are great bikes and the exhaust looks sweet on the honda, but you cant beat the front end of the R6

Congrats on your soon-to-be purchase!

Arif
-2003 Silver R6
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 02:23 AM

???

It seems to me everyone is missing the most important thing about the 600rr and I believe isn't the bike completely designed around mass centralization? I thought I read somewhere the entire bike, from engine to tail has been built with this concept in mind. I think the engineers at Honda would be pretty pissed if people were going out and buying this bike because it has an undertail exaust after all the work they did designing the major components. That exhaust does look sweet though, nice bike man.

What is your major malfunction numb nuts!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

yellow rr

Ok my wife tried to pull a trick on me and get the cbr home (while I was at work...she intercepted a call) without me knowing!!! She paid for it and all!!! Also got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket , gloves and A bike cover all thrown in for free...the out the door price was 8,500!!!! Holy ^%^# I wonder how she got me such a good deal!
Any how... the bike...WOW! Its much better than my old 95 cbr900rr....alot more fun and confidence inspiring.... It could be amazingly lugged down low...un real !!! It makes me grin the whole time I'm on it. The only thing I miss about my 900 was the storage!!! The new bike has NONE!... The Yellow has a pearl hue to it that really sparkles in the sun. It looks cool at night next to my bug zapper too!....Nice to have the clock on it AND a fuel guage! The stock setup on the fork was quite mushy...easy fix.
The fairing cuts a nice hole in the atmosphere as well..no buffetting on the helmet...just a smooth flow Its fairing protection is better than the r6. I'm 5'7 170lbs and it fits me LIKE a glove!!!I'm glad I held out for it and have a wife who is all of that and a bag of chips!!! I'll post pictures as soon as I get time...

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to arif CBRF4
Congrats!! Great to see that your wife shares your excitement. My wife bought me my R6 as well... Gotta love 'em!

I ran over to the dealer today to check out their red/blk 600rr. Looks pretty good, but the seat is still a brick!! I also noticed that when turning the handles all the way to the right side, the clutch lever nearly touches the front fairing...my fingers got jammed in that position...make sure you adjust the setting on your bike.

Post some pics and take it easy!

Arif
-2003 Silver R6
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:06 AM

hey i just wanted to say i just picked mine up sat. a yellow one too i have been waiting on this bike since last fall when i saw pics on here and all i have to say is i love it i still have some learning to do but that will come with seat time .
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 07:17 AM

any pics of the 600rr that can see??
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

I'm still deciding which PIPE to put on it ...I believe the laser is my favorite so far although a bit pricey..more to come

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

and here's another ,,.. we're doing our own 600 shoot out

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 06:41 PM

CBR 600 RR

i got my red/ balck RR a week ago its an awsome machine i made a few changes to the rear section used some of the stock parts to make it work plus after market turn signals so far i got 350 miles changed the oil after the first 100 miles saw a few metal shavings next oil change will take place when i hit the 600 miles to all you 600rr owners go to cbrworldnet.com and click pn discussion page for the 600 rr there is tons of pic / advice general talk about the RR i got an order for the micron slip on and still looking for frame savers no luck on those yet honda did a great job on the RR i wonder whats the 2004 1000cc honda will be like i bet it will kick some ass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode