'03 katana 600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

'03 katana 600

I am thinking about buying an '03 katana 600. What's the horsepower rating? Also, Any feedback on this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
99cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
whats your reasoning behind a katana, personaly I like them but everyone here will tell you they suck, they are slow, heavy and not even a real sportbike, on the plus side they are bullet proof and very comfy. so why a katana, and why a '03, they haven't changed in years might as well buy used.

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 02:16 PM

i had a 93 gsx600, it complemented my

93 gsx-r750.. its a great bike..i just tuned up a 89 600 with 6500 miles on it..i loved that bike too..

the suspention isnt for carving, but the bike will be a pleasure to own...go for it..

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 05:55 PM

Thumbs up

Nothing wrong with the Katana. Fast enough, reliable, and roomy ( sounds like a car huh?), and rather inexpensive. But why get an 03? Unless you are trying to finance one get a used 01 or 02. There are plenty available used and you get a great deal if you look around. Plus someone else may have already done the 600 mile service which, I think, needed to have the valves adjusted. Have fun!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:45 AM

Depends on what kind of rider you are, I had the black 99 katana 600 and was very disappointed in it. Slow heavy like you have heard before, it cant touch any other 600 out there, so I would rate it at the bottom of the 600 class. To me it is a cruiser in sportbike clothing. But I traded that Kan-a-tuna in for a 2000 tl1000r and that still wasnt good enough for me so now I am sitting on the gsxr1000, so I guess you can say I am kind of biased when it comes to slow below average sportbikes like the katana. Dont get me wrong if looks and cruisin is what you are out for then it is definitely the bike to have. But if not you will sell it as everyone else including me did. I know 4 other cats that sold theres too!
Peace!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 11:21 PM

if you are interested, I have a friend who wants to sell his 99 black katana for 4000. it has 7000 miles on it and looks brand new. let me know if you are interested.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 12:32 PM

katana is fine. i mean it is a wonderful bike. it is just depend what kind of rider you are. if you are looking for a "sport bike".. then this is not. if you are into fassssssttt,, this is not. if you you are looking for fun and dependability, then go for it. i used to have a 2001 katana 600, i traded it for 2003 xb9r (buell). but when it comes down to it.. it is all about having fun.. does not matter what you ride.. it is between you and your bike... just the fun of riding is priceless..

keep your rubber rubbing the ground
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 03:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to GsXerBoy!
Good looking? Get it for it's looks? LOL It's probably the ugliest bike I've ever seen! But the not keep up with other 600's thing I think is BS. You are definatly right if we're talking about drag racing, but that shits for cars. The funny thing about six hundreds is that alot of newbies ride them and well, newbies can't ride...because they're new. The Katana definately doesn't have the technology behind it but I've seen many knees drug on Katana's and blow right by Zook, and Yam 600's. Buy it put proper tires on it, and ride it like it's stolen and piss of all the noobs that just spent in the high $8k's to get their new fastest 600's out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode