I Found a Ducati Sale. Really. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6
I Found a Ducati Sale. Really.

To anyone who is interested. I just picked up a new 998 Duc for 15995. from a dealer in Atlanta. I thought the ad was going to be bull shit but it is not. these guys rock. My buddy is picking up a 748s from them at a smokin deal as well. My Speed III is jelous. call them at 7705174540. Let me know if anyone else gets one.
leslieo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Moderator
 
RCjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Kingston, TN USA 37763
Posts: 5,474
Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I thought that was the MSRP for the 998.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
RCjohn is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Resident Smartass
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Columbus.OH 43207
Posts: 1,429
$17,695 is retail; $16K is probably close to the average selling price. Still about $7K too high!

Suck mean people!
Tristan is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 15
ducs way over priced imo.
loenwolf is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Reno, NV USA 89503
Posts: 22
DUC 998

I paid $ 17,495 out the door (prep, freight + tax). I think that's about the average. You guys that say Ducati's are overpriced crack me up. If they were overpriced nobody would buy one. People will only pay what they feel something is worth. If I wanted a cheap, dime-a-dozen,no resale value , non collectible bike, I would have bought a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawi. Those bikes, you buy with the intention of replacing in a few years; I bought my Ducati with the intention of never selling it. In 10 years will your Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Kawi be worth anything? Will they have a collectible status? Doubtful. So...you pay a little extra...you get a little extra.
dus10reed is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Founder
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,755
Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
Re: DUC 998

Quote:
Originally posted by dus10reed
In 10 years will your Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Kawi be worth anything? Will they have a collectible status? Doubtful. So...you pay a little extra...you get a little extra.
I agree.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Robert is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Registered User
 
mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 21
I paid $17,000 out the door here in Florida. That's around $15,8xx before everything. Got the 2 year free service too!
Mike
mdrums is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered User
 
dmotoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Eagle, ID USA 83616
Posts: 16
2001 748S brand new for sale in boise... $11,500 3 year full warranty

~Sacred Imports~
Boise, Idaho
dmotoguy is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego, CA 92166
Posts: 517
Re: DUC 998

Quote:
Originally posted by dus10reed
...I bought my Ducati with the intention of never selling it.

In 10 years will your Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Kawi be worth anything? Will they have a collectible status? Doubtful. So...you pay a little extra...you get a little extra.
If you bought with the intention of keeping it forever, why do you care what it's worth in 10 years? I see your point, 'cause my Harley friend makes the same argument. Just wondering.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
scotty is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered User
 
HondaNut!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Orange County, CA.
Posts: 2,517
Re: DUC 998

Quote:
Originally posted by dus10reed
I paid $ 17,495 out the door (prep, freight + tax). I think that's about the average. You guys that say Ducati's are overpriced crack me up. If they were overpriced nobody would buy one. People will only pay what they feel something is worth. If I wanted a cheap, dime-a-dozen,no resale value , non collectible bike, I would have bought a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawi. Those bikes, you buy with the intention of replacing in a few years; I bought my Ducati with the intention of never selling it. In 10 years will your Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Kawi be worth anything? Will they have a collectible status? Doubtful. So...you pay a little extra...you get a little extra.

Hmmm, let's see:

I paid $7800 OTD for my ZX9R and its now worth right about $6000 ~~A loss of $1800.

A friend of mine paid $18K for a 748R in 2000. His Duc. is now worth about 7000 or lets even say $8000 ~~~a loss of $10K!!!
~However you work it out; yes a Ducati will be worth more down the road than a Jap bike, but thats because they cost so damn much! You cant deny their huge loss in value at drive off....
And only a few certain bikes will gain collector status.

IMO, people who buy Ducatis should either be taking them to the track to justify the price or they're just paying alot of $$ for status..... possibly to make up for some other -short- coming??

sorry, I'll let you go now... probably gotta get that Duc. down to the shop for another $400 service

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HondaNut!; 07-10-2002 at 11:04 AM.
HondaNut! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome