Honda 919 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Honda 919

Just curious as to the opinion of this bike by the members here. I just kind of came across it while looking around on the internet and it really surprised me at how cool it actually is. I went down to the local Honda dealer today and sat on it, very tight! Seems like it would be a lot of fun on the road and the manager there couldn't say enough about how great it is. The one on the showroom floor is the electron blue color and on sale for $10,499cdn (about $6800us) with excellent payment plans. What should I do?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Reminds me of the Triumph Speed Triple, but $3500 cheaper.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to kvpZX9R
Thumbs up hooligan's dream

I really like this bike. I got to ride one for a short time a couple months ago. Damn thing just loves to pull the front wheel off the ground. Only thing bad I see is no windscreen at all. I'm sure if you have to drone down any interstates, you'd develop some "popeye" forearms. I like that blue much better than the gayass flat black that Honda sent the US.

If I was in the market for a standard, I would pick between this and the FZ1. The FZ1 is probably a better looking bike.

PCS me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a darn poor scholar that can only spell a word one way

My school taught the 3 R's - Racin', Rasslin', & Rodeo.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 09:50 AM

I man from the flat land / with no wind screen ouch.
The 919 is a great city bike or short trip bike. The suspensions lack of ajustabilty is a down fall. Though it makes good power and can carve some coner's.
I'd also look at a YAM FZ1 (like kvpZX9R mentioned) it's got more power a windscreen and adjustable suspension.

STUDENT AT WORK
I'm a nice guy, just ask me
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Hey laser_1992. The bike actually won't leave the confines of the city more than once or twice a year. I just need something to buzz around on, go around some cloverleafs and stoplight to stoplight fun. There are aftermarket windscreens available for it as well if I end up doing any highway riding.

BTW, nice choice in car. I actually run the Saskatchewan chapter of the Talon/Laser club. Are you a part of the Edmonton DSM club? You could probably find out a lot about your car that way and meet some new people. Check it out http://www.nacdsm.org

Last edited by dan0myte; 06-28-2002 at 01:09 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:49 AM

Well if you spend most of your time in the city I'd have to agree the 919 is the bike for you. It's a great bike for buzzing around town. I personaly don't like the seating position. ( sat on one saturday) but I like my sportbikes.

I just sold my bike on saturday . Looking to buy a new Honda 600 F4i. I didn't really know there was a dsm club in Edmonton. I knew about the ones in Calagary and Saskatoon.

Buy the way what four wheeled dsm monster do you drive.

STUDENT AT WORK
I'm a nice guy, just ask me
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

1992 Talon TSi AWD. Silver, 5spd, Jap Spec engine. Ran a 13.2 last year with all the mods, but now I'm selling her to buy a sportbike. Way more fun.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 02:52 PM

i would go with the sv650s. great city bike loves to wheelie. some wind protection and great in twisties.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

....except everyone has one, plus the V-twin sounds horrible in a sportbike. Everytime one goes by it's just like it's farting along rather than screaming. I'm thinking it should really have been called the sv650'f', for flatulence. No offense to the 650 lovers, just not my bike.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 03:38 PM

they can sound pretty good with the right exhaust on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode