Stats=Smatz - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Stats=Smatz

I was just reading through the threads and I'm hearing alot of figures thrown around.
What has the most HP, the least weight, best asthetic appeal, ect, ect.
Reminds me of when I bought my ZX-7R a few years ago when I was last stationed in Japan. Let me tell you, I loved that bike. She made me feel like I was on top of the world. I "felt" faster cuz I had upgraded from a CBR400RR to a 750cc SS contender. Truth of the matter was I was no faster for a while.
I was up in Hakone with the Kanto Sport Riders club having a blast. I remember being very fluid that day. At my level "FLUID" means less mistakes. And trust me I leave nothing out in my personal critiques.
So there I was in the zone effortlessly gliding around a tight turn everything in check. Then it happened my meditation was interrupted by a Japanese guy on a RVF400RR. He just passed on the outside like I was a bus or somthing. I'll admit it was a blow to the Ol' ego at first. I quickly caught up to him as soon as the road straightend only to loose him in the next bend. The more I tried to catch him the more sloppy I got, the less fun I was having. I gave up pursuit and went back to what I was doing. Having fun. And the speed came lator. I remember the first time I got my knee to the pavement. It freaked me out cuz I wasn't anticipating it and I thought for a moment I had a bug crawling in the knee area of my jeans!

For your next purchase get what you like I say. Not because of the stats or status symbol. Or because you want to be king of the road. I decided to buy an RC51 for no other reasons than my own. Sure she's havier than some, less power than others, even not so great on gas either. I came real close to buying a TL1000R, real close. I didn't not buy the TLR because a handful of extra heft. Or because some moto journalist beefed it on a test ride then blamed the bike. I weigh 203lbs. what do I care if my bike is some 30 or so pounds heavier than the lightest? Most of those moto journalist look like crack babbies and are only 5'5" 130lbs geared up. So where is the relavancy of THEIR CLAIMS?

For 2002 get what you like.
http://www.town.hakone.kanagawa.jp/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
Thumbs up

Great post, thanks for sharing it!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 03:56 AM

For your next purchase get what you like I say.

Amen, brother. At most tracks, I'm faster on a 600 than a 750 or 1000.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 05:39 AM
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
Quote:
Originally posted by schpreck
For your next purchase get what you like I say.

Amen, brother. At most tracks, I'm faster on a 600 than a 750 or 1000.
And unfortunatly your faster than me on all three!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 07:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to slowrat
Re: Stats=Smatz

Quote:
Originally posted by RC51inJapan
...For your next purchase get what you like I say. Not because of the stats or status symbol...
Right on. Some people get caught up with the numbers in the mags they end up not riding their Pace.

"Don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die".---Men's restroom, Murphy's, Champaign, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode