R6 owners reply !! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to JusIncredibleR6
R6 owners reply !!

Anyone who has boughten a 2002 R6 please let me know what you paid for the bike, and what you did to get a better deal if you did so? I am looking at everything from my local dealers that gave prices of OTD : 7800, 8300, 7995+freight(346) and $50 dock fee..There are a few dealers on www.cycletrader.com that have great OTD prices, but I have to have it shipped and then pay my NJ sales tax, so I am wondering if it's just going to add up to the prices my local dealers are giving me..Thanks for any and all input

....JusIncredibleR6....
"I'm doing 100 on the highway, so if you're doing the speed limit Get the **** out of my Way"
You want my $.02, you can't afford my $.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:26 PM

Once you try track, you never go back.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:05 PM

10,500 CANADIAN everything included except taxes. I think it was a good price compared to the US prices.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mrclean26blue
I was able to get the bike for 7550 OTD by playing games with the dealship. Never settle for the first or second price, tell the dealership that I'm going to another one. Then come back and tell them here is my price, beat it. Also what I found out is find that dealers most fierces competor and go to them. You are bound to get a awsome price.

Later
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 04:06 PM

cheap

I got mine the day it arrived by paying cash and buying out of state. hence no tax! I got mine for 7250.00 taged, taxed and titled!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:47 PM

8k otd (tax, tag and title). but, everyone else i talk to around this area, alabama, paid around 8500.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 08:14 PM

I got mine for $7150 OTD, but when I picked it up it was green and had "ninja" stickers on it. I think it was a limited edition model.

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score"?
-Vince Lombardi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.kcsportbike.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 08:18 PM

Seriously, get pre-approved (if you're able to) from your bank or C.U. before you buy. Then you really have some negotiating power.

Before getting my bike for $7150 OTD, the dealer was saying "$7800 is the lowest I can go". Ok, whatever. I did my business over the phone; so after I said $7100 final offer and waited about 4-7 days, they called back and agreed on the price. As long as they know that you don't give a rat's patoot who gets your money, they'd be stupid to refuse a reasonable offer.

I got the invoice on my bike at www.bikesatcost.com. It was $6775 (or very close to that) and they were wanting a sticker price of $8200. Once I told them I knew how much they paid for it, and how much I was willing to pay for it, they knew I wasn't just a guy with "the wants". Take your time, and you'll get it at close to what you want. They love to deal with people who think they need the bike now.

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score"?
-Vince Lombardi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.kcsportbike.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode