Need advice: Pro and cons 954rr and rc51 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to the50ho
Need advice: Pro and cons 954rr and rc51

As some of you might know, I have an 02 f4i. But, I am seeling it and buying a new bike. I have completely fallen in love with the 954rr, but am pretty impressed with the rc51 as well. I completely understand what I am looking for ina bike, but am very much bias in my desicion. What do you think are pros and cons for each bike? Thanks.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
954 is lighter and more flickable. It is basically an F4i with 20 extra horsepower.

RC-51 has alot of torque to play with and almost as much hp as the 954.

RC-51 holds value better.

RC-51 has sound of a twin.

954 has a little better ergonomics but not much.

RC-51 is deceivingly fast.

I like to looks of both except Honda should have changed the RC for 02.

954 will have a little bit better aftermarket as compared to the RC but that means that there aren't as many RCs on the road.

Between the two it is more of a matter of likes. Twin torque or highrevving fun of the inline four. I prefer the twins.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 09:53 PM

Thumbs up

I'd go with the 954. It's designed more for street use (translated to mean around town). Being that I own one, I'd recommend it....JB

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 09:42 AM

I was in the same situation that you are in right now a few months ago, but I decided on the RC.
I love the sound of the twin and I think it looks better than the 954, although the 954 doesn't look bad by any means.
Not to mention, as far as I know, there's been only a couple RC's sold here in Charleston this last year. Not bad considering I've seen the blk/silver 954 more than a few times already.
On a strictly performance level, the 954 has more bhp, better acceleration, etc., not to mention it's quite a bit more comfortable than the RC. The RC doesn't come with a passenger seat which the 954 has, but that's fine with me cause I'd make my girlfriend ride the bus before I let her on the back of it anyway.
All in all it's a matter of preference, but the RC is a pretty rare bike down here in the Southeast and I got mine for a damn good price.
Did I mention that it sounds mean as hell?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmoon50
The RC doesn't come with a passenger seat which the 954 has, but that's fine with me cause I'd make my girlfriend ride the bus before I let her on the back of it anyway.
Mine came with a back seat and the solo seat cover. Although I don't ever plane on using that passenger seat.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 05:54 AM

If you didn't get a back seat for your RC then the dealer screwed you. Go back to them and tell them you want your seat... then sell it to one of the 3-4 guys that actually uses one.

John

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 08:53 AM

So 2UP On RC is a joke?

I was considering an RC51 but I want a bike that I can take a passenger along for some joy rides, and from what I read the back seat is for show not for use. Anyone taking passengers on an RC???
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 10:26 AM

Re: So 2UP On RC is a joke?

Quote:
Originally posted by maDDtraPPer
I was considering an RC51 but I want a bike that I can take a passenger along for some joy rides, and from what I read the back seat is for show not for use. Anyone taking passengers on an RC???
If you look at the 954RR's passenger seat you are basically looking at the RC-51's passenger seat. They are almost identical or may actually be the same.

I can't imagine any girl's ass being able to take that seat for very long.

John

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 02:45 AM

Re: Re: So 2UP On RC is a joke?

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn

I can't imagine any girl's ass being able to take that seat for very long.
There are lots of things a girl's ass can't take for very long, but some of them sure do give it one hell of an effort

I can fix it....my dad's a tv repairman. He's got an awesome set of tools!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 03:26 AM

Exclamation

I would have to disagree with taking the RC-51 over the 954 for street use strickly because it has the added tourqe of the twin. The 929 a.k.a. 954 is honda's flagship streetbike. I've ridden both the RC, and the 954, and IMO the 954 is a couch next to the RC. That being said if I lived within 50 miles of a good race track or twisty mountian road I would definatly go with the RC because that machine is pure racebike V-twin, and is very decieving. It doesn't have as much hp as other liter bikes, but it uses the hp a lot better than some of the other bikes that I've ridden. I could only imagine the fun I would have if I had the skill to ride 75/80% of the bikes ability See if you can take a spin on both, and choose witch on suites your riding style the best.......good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode