2002 R1...Red/White/Black - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2002 R1...Red/White/Black

Well, I need some of you guy's opinions. I am thinking about buying a 2002 Yamaha R1. The MSRP on them is $10,200. Since everyone thinks that the new Red R1 is horrible looking, I found a dealer that is willing to sell me one for $9,199 out-the-door!!
Is it me, or is that "horrible" looking Red R1 starting to look better and better.

What are you guys opinions on the deal???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 08:58 PM

Starting to look pretty good from here. I personally like the blue and white after looking at the black/silver for more than 5 minutes. The B/S came out of the gait lookin smokin but grows tiresome quickly. The red r1 isn't too pretty but paint's not that expensive IF it bothers you that much!!

I'd go to NAPA and have them computer match the red and just have the rest of it painted solid red IMO.

Your son's telling you to get the liter isn't he??

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
Starting to look pretty good from here. I personally like the blue and white after looking at the black/silver for more than 5 minutes. The B/S came out of the gait lookin smokin but grows tiresome quickly. The red r1 isn't too pretty but paint's not that expensive IF it bothers you that much!!

I'd go to NAPA and have them computer match the red and just have the rest of it painted solid red IMO.

Your son's telling you to get the liter isn't he??
I know what you mean about the black/silver R1. I first saw it at the motorcycle show here in St. Louis back in February, and I could not take my eyes off of it!! I literally fell in LOVE!! But now that the dealers are carrying them, they don't appeal to me as much. (then I start to drool, and realize that the color scheme is AWESOME!!) I already have a blue/white 2001 R6, and I kind of want my next bike to be a different color. So, I may end up going with the Red. From what I have learned, the price of the new blue/white R1's aren't dropping that much either (that's too bad, because I just bought a new blue Joe Rocket Speedmaster Leather Jacket and Blue/White Shoei Z-II Slash helmet) I am going to think about it for another week. I will probably end up buying that Red/Black/White R1!! I guess with my blue/black jacket, blue/white helmet, and RED/WHITE bike, I will be the most colorful guy to ever ride a sportbike!!!!

My son is only 1 1/2 years old, so he doesn't talk too much. But, whenever we are in the motorcycle dealership, he always starts to mumble something when I sit him on the new R1??? Is this a sign?? Hell, he probably wants something else to tear up (you know how kids are)........He has already broken damn near everyting else in my house LOL

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveMyR6

My son is only 1 1/2 years old, so he doesn't talk too much. But, whenever we are in the motorcycle dealership, he always starts to mumble something when I sit him on the new R1??? Is this a sign??
Sign of great intelligence I'd say!!

Your pic of him on the 6 is pretty cool.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up ????

LoveMyR6, If you haven't bought it yet then give me shout and i will give you the # to a great head Dr.
Quit waiting and get riding! They are awsome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode